HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team 9 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 06:39 PM
Leverdude
Typical Buck

Took a doe yesterday about 5:30.
I have a blind set up about 20 yards from the stand I took the buck from. I skipped out of work early, it was rainy & misrable anyway & drove to that property. I forgot a chair so I brought a bucket & my I-pad to the blind to watch. After a half hour or so there was a doe & a fawn about 15 yards away. I'm on the edge of a field, against a stone wall. My side is field & that side is woods, the deer wander back & forth on that side all the time. Anyway I watched them for awhile, they winded me right off but couldn't figure it out. No mesh or anything & they couldn't see me from 30 feet away. They looked around the blind but not in it. I been useing this blind for 7 years now & am still always amazed they cant see me. Anyway the doe stomped & blew and ran off twice but the fawn wouldn't follow her.
After she ran off the second time I decided I'd take her if she came back. And she did. Stomping & blowing all the way back in to 15 yards she stopped broadside looking to my left towards where the trail enters the woods. I drew my bow & she flipped in the blink of an eye and stopped looking to my right quartering towards me a little. I held tight behind her shoulder & watched the arrow dissapear thru her. Ran about 50 yards & dropped.
I need to start keeping a camera in the truck. Second deer so far & I didn't have a camera in the field either time. Pictures ended up bloody.
In,

and out,