Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest
"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread >

"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread

Community

"Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

Well I stuck a buck at 655 this evening I hit him in the shoulder so I snuck out of there at dark and im gonna let him lay over night so hopefully we will find him in the morning.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job Sean!!!!! Hopefully he is down and we will be looking at the pics real soon. Good luck finding him. Good luck to everyone else out there. I will be going out in the morning hoping to nail another doe if I can get off work early enough. If not i won't get back out until Monday.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

I hope he is too bud he will be the biggest buck to date. I have been freaking out about it the whole night. so far I only got 4 hours of sleep tonight I will be surprised if I get any tonight. I have been going over and over the shot in my head and how much penitration my arrow got i hope i find him.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sean, you must have at least a little information you can give us. How many points? How wide? How tall? How much mass? What do you think he might score? Broadside, quartering away, quartering to, how many yards? The suspense is killing me too. You going after him at daybreak?
Old 10-15-2011, 12:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I forgot to ask, do you have any trail camera pictures of this buck, or is this the first time you saw him?
Old 10-15-2011, 03:18 AM
Fork Horn

i have 5 pics of this buck he is a management buck he has a lot of mass throughout he just lacks the points on his right side. first i am a terrible story teller but i will try and tell the story.first i will talk about this field and what i was hunting in this field is a creek that's about 60 yards wide with a wheat field on each side a big crp and wood lot or the back. of it we have this stand setting in about 25' up in the V of a evergreen that's over looking 2 major trails. great little spot there's 4 deer that i was hunting in there this year 3 big tens one being over 180" and then this buck that i shot last night. so i pull up in the farmers yard get out of the truck get everything together spray down chase away the farmers dog about a half dozen times. get half way across this wheat field realize i for got my camo face paint walk all the way back to the truck grab it spray down again. walk back out across the wheat field pick up my bow when i got to the water way that leads into this stand and look up in the corner of the wheat field about 40 yards from my stand there is a doe and a fawn. the doe pins me so i freeze and we stand there looking at each other for about 5 mins she finally starts feeding then picks her head up really quick to see if she can catch me moving. she starts to walk across the field towards me so i nock a arrow finally i give up and just start walking and just scared her off thankfully she didnt blow and stomp witch i was afraid she was going to do. i finally got in the stand and get setup about 430pm finding that that seat cushion is no longer there. so i had to sit on my jacket the whole time witch is really uncomfortable. i set there for 2 in a half hours without seeing anything so i get the phone out text my buddies and the wife seeing what there doing to pass time. i get on the here and as i am typing "there are no deer in kansas" i hear something look up and see this buck 10 yards from the tree behind me licking a branch and milling around. so i put the phone in my pocket in my hss. grab the bow draw back and find out theres a little branch that is hitting my arrow so still at full draw i stand up work my butt so i can sit on another limb that is behind my stand. that will let me clear the little branch i put the pin right behind the shoulder and touch the release. and i guess i pulled the shot to the right from being in a really awkward position and nailed him right in the shoulder. he was broadside to me he grunted really lound and mule kicks runs under my tree and goes 25 yards stops and stands there then lays down for probably 10 mins. then stands back up tail going side to side real fast goes into the tree row and i didn't see him anymore after that so i sat there until dark grabbed a light out of my pack leaving my bow and everything in tree climbed down a sneaked out of there. so hopefully he didnt go to far bedded down and expired pretty close. i will be out looking for him around 9 or so this morning.
Attached Thumbnails "Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread-dd1.jpg   "Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread-dd2.jpg   "Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread-dd3.jpg   "Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread-dd5.jpg   "Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread-dd4.jpg  

Old 10-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out this morning and it was the first time I did not see a single deer. The lull coupled with the high winds I'm sure didn't help matters any. We are waiting Sean. I really hope you have some pictures for us. Hope to hear an update soon.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

Well this is my second year bow hunting (I have been shotgun hunting for 15yrs). I smoked my first deer this morning. at 7:20 this morning 3 doe's came out of the timber and walked into the farmers entrance to his field 15 yrds to my left. I really couldn't tell which one was the biggest so I picked the one that I thought looked the oldest and put the pin just behind the shoulder and let it fly. Well the rage did it's job! The Doe ran about 65 yards into a crp field and died underneath a small tree. So I finally have my first kill!
On a side note. I could have shot 1 of 4 small bucks opening weekend but they were really small and I didn't want to waste my first buck on a 3 pointer. And I didn't think you guys would be to happy about it either.

I really hope Sean steals my thunder with a big Kansas buck!
Attached Thumbnails "Team All-In" Team 11 Check In Thread-img952011101595100530.jpg  
Old 10-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on ur first bow kill bud we wouldn't have cared if u shot the little buck if ur happy with it kill it. But a little update on the deer I shot it last night at 6:53pm I let it lay until 8:15am so I gave him 13hrs this morning I found my arrow I got about 7" of penetration I started tracking it there was no blood at all besides where I seen it bed down then get back up. But I started just walking the deer trails I went about 80yds and I ended up bumping him out of his second bed went over and therewas some blood there but I backed out and I will look again. Tomorrow for him if I can't find him then I guess its back to hunting
Old 10-16-2011, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

well i went back out this morning and walked the whole creek out and finally found him about 700 yards from where i bumped him yesterday morning. he has 13pts not as big as i thought but i will take him after all this work. i think i will go ahead and put him on the wall score wis i'm guessing 110 he is a management deer that needed out of the herd. i will have pics up in a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.