GR8 VIII's Official Team Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

Arjuna - Thats a heck if an Impalla. Its always been a dream to get over there and one of these days hopefully the wife and I will be.

Looks like the team is takin shape. We are just a few weeks from the kick off to the season here but this 90 degree weather is gonna have go away for it to really matter much. A couple of real good cold fronts ought to get things back on track though!

Kelly
Old 09-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the encouragement, guys....the Africa mounts aren't back yet...I just went in July....

I am going to check the cameras on Friday. However, with tropical storm Lee over the area for about 5 days, I don't know what the pics will look like.

Here is another pic from Africa. It's a Springbok.
Attached Thumbnails GR8 VIII's Official Team Thread-screen-shot-2011-08-02-9.07.21-pm.jpg  
Old 09-08-2011, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

1 week til the season opener. I have to work so that means I will have to wait til Saturday or maybe Sunday depending on the wind forecast.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:09 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Just signed up as an alternate and was checkin the team threads.... this looks like the winning team to me!!! Would love to get on this one, i see you have a couple heavey hitters here! any one have some pull in this contest and can get me on team 8???!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Monsoons here now guys. Irene dumped 4.25" ~10 days ago, and now Lee has produced >6" so far, with another 3" predicted tonight. I'm thinking of getting my canoe and tying it up to my porch, lol. But fortunately, my house is on high ground.

-fsh
Old 09-08-2011, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well fsha, if you look on the bright side, you won't have to water your yard for awhile

j76, I think we'd be happy to have you on here, but as far as having any pull in getting you here, I'm pretty sure I don't have any. Let us know where you end up though.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by j76
Just signed up as an alternate and was checkin the team threads.... this looks like the winning team to me!!! Would love to get on this one, i see you have a couple heavey hitters here! any one have some pull in this contest and can get me on team 8???!!!
Love to have ya aboard and we still have a couple that havn't shown but unfortunatly no pull here. Maybe you can sweet talk one of the mods into gettin ya over here
Old 09-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by fshafly2
Monsoons here now guys. Irene dumped 4.25" ~10 days ago, and now Lee has produced >6" so far, with another 3" predicted tonight. I'm thinking of getting my canoe and tying it up to my porch, lol. But fortunately, my house is on high ground.

-fsh
Send some of that stuff my way. I'd love to take it off yer hand. I havn't had to mow the yard since late May . Thats the good news the bad news is none of the dang crops are growin either
Old 09-09-2011, 04:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by j76
Hmm….. I don’t know if we need another guy from Michigan
Old 09-09-2011, 04:30 AM
Typical Buck

I saw that zink expanded all the teams to 11 members. He has yet to substitute the no-shows with alternates.

-fsh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.