Community

GR8 VIII's Official Team Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
I know this is just for fun but anyone noticed that some of the other teams have more than 10 members. Team 3 has 13. Gonna be hard to compete with that. Have to break out the bondo and extend the tines lol...

lol if all 8 of us get a buck I think we'll be alright.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guess we all could get a doe also. We still have time to see if the other 2 check in and if not maybe we will get a couple replacements.
Old 09-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Hopefully the two guys will show up before too long...

Here are a few pics of bucks I got on a trail cam - I don't know if they're all the same buck or not. I had a bachelor group of 6 racked bucks hanging around my soybeans, 3 of them were "shooters". One buck I've seen has a very nice spread (>24"). I know of a 11 and 12 ptr on other places I hunt, both those bucks are very nice. I have my hopes this season...

-fsh

Old 09-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

To me it looks like the same buck, but man he's a bruiser! Good luck on him!!
Old 09-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Checked my cams today and what a disappointment. Alot of does and a few smaller bucks, but my big boys didn't show. We had a hot spell most of the week in the upper 90's but now we are forecasted for low 70's this week. Hope that gets them up and around because in 13 days, I'm going to be in a treestand!!

Someone needs to pick a name so we can get it up there. I kinda like GR8 VIII's. But its up to everyone else.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

GR8 VIII's is good to me....

We r in the middle of tropical storm Lee....no telling what will be on my camera's when it is done...new lease...don't know the place that well, ...YET.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

1st and 3rd pictures look the same, 2nd looks different though. Checked my cam the other day, still no bucks.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:57 AM
Typical Buck

I think he's the same buck, as well, but at least u know where to find him.
Old 09-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

The team name sounds good to me.

I'm goin to put up some stands today here in Ohio. It feels like fall outside!!!

I went home saturday thinking I was gonna put up stands but it was 95 degrees out so I passed for a cooler weekend. Also it's been so dry at home it was kinda hard to pick up trails the ground is as hard as a rock. Hopefully we get another shower or too to help the beans finish out. I heard on the west side of Indiana they started cutting beans, but around here I don't think harvest will start til October since everything was planted so late.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by fshafly2
How heavy was that bear Robow? I have a few friends that are leaving for Maine today, I told them to bring me back a bear steak, lol.

-fsh
We didn’t have a scale at Bear camp so I never weighed it. He was no monster but too not bad. I think the best part was getting the kill on video.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.