Community

GR8 VIII's Official Team Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Should've slept in. Didn't see a thing today.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

I've never shot a deer in bed except in my dreams Mottz, lol. Just keep at it and pay your dues.

I've got a couple of spots that are very promising and will be hunting tomorrow morning and afternoon.

-fsh
Old 10-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

Pretty warm up here. Nothing like sweating through your camo
Old 10-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Back from the long wet weekend. The deer just arn't movin here yet. I did see a group of 4 8 pt'ers yesterday morning but they stayed just on the private side of the fence about 30 yrds from me. Other than that is was pretty quiet and WET all weekend. Oh I did have a coon almost climb up my leg this morning, If I didn't twitch my foot I think the little bugger would have went right up it.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:57 AM
Fork Horn

Saw 8 deer over the weekend at home in Indiana. Surprisingly the does were moving pretty good. Still gonna be 2 or 3 weeks before the big boys start rollin but I was starting to find some buck sign in about every woods. Yesterday I put up 4 trail cams all on mock scrapes so I should have some pretty decent pictures here in a couple weeks. Harvest is pretty much going full tilt around here. We just started our beans yesterday. I believe the corn will come off right in time for the rut as long as it stays dry. Hopefully it gets cold someday lol good luck this week guys.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:58 AM
Typical Buck

I hunted Monday morning and afternoon, but the only deer I saw were ones bumped going to my stands, and a dink buck passing through.

-fsh

Last edited by fshafly2; 10-11-2011 at 02:00 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'm about sick of this 75-80 degree weather. not normal for central minnesota this time of year. if it cools off this weekend i will be in wisconsin hunting hard. got pics of 2 small bucks fighting (about 20 pics). that was cool that they tussled right in front of my cam in daylight.

no 2.5 year old buck picks since probably early august on my land! i've only had my land since late 06 but i've never had a year that was this crappy for pictures. my food plots look better than ever too. too many dang acorns, they crunch under my feet w/ every step.

we're about due to get our first buck down. i keep expecting to see some pictures on this thread maybe this weekend.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Finally, after a month we got some decent rain. Maybe that will wash away some of the scent that I have left in the area? At least thats what I'm hoping. Somehow these deer got my number but with rain, temps dropping and the winds finally starting to switch, I think it may be a good future. Hopefully this weekend!!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

had a cortisone shot in my shoulder on monday. not feeling well right now. i'm hoping it will feel better by this weekend. also had surgery to remove a rib a couple months ago (related to shoulder problems). 3rd year in a row w/ a shoulder related surgery before the season. looking at another surgery after the season. ugh!!!! is there a crossbow contest i can join next year . I'm just in a crabby mood, i need to get out and do some hunting!

good luck this weekend guys. i have hunting trips planned every weekend from now until thanksgiving....hope my wife isn't reading this message board. if so, SURPRISE!! haha!
Old 10-13-2011, 01:58 AM
Fork Horn

Saw a 2.5 year old buck last night. He hung up about 40 yards from me best I could tell he was wide as his ears. Stood there 15 or 20 min and then headed south. At that point he was just a blob walking. Also have 2 rubs and a scrape 20 yards from my tree. The action is heating up I think these deer know there is gonna be some cold weather in the near future.

Thinking about doing some rattling next week. I got a set of primos rattling horns over the summer. Something new to experiment with.

Rackluster good luck with your shoulder. I'm pretty sure one of the guys that entered a buck in this contest this year had a crossbow in the picture lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.