GR8 VIII's Official Team Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job Rack! Always nice to get a shot at something.

Robow, tell your son congrats!! Even without a kill that sounds like a very successful and smart hunt on his part. The thrill and excitement is all that matters. There can be alot of "I wish she would've" "I could've" or what ifs, but she was there, he prepped himself, and he with-drew. Still alot of courage to think about making the wise shot. In my eyes he was successful!!!! Congrats to Connor!!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Texting and hunting saves lives... Missed a 6 pointer because I didn't see it in time
Old 09-28-2011, 04:56 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mottz
Robow, tell your son congrats!! Even without a kill that sounds like a very successful and smart hunt on his part. The thrill and excitement is all that matters. There can be alot of "I wish she would've" "I could've" or what ifs, but she was there, he prepped himself, and he with-drew. Still alot of courage to think about making the wise shot. In my eyes he was successful!!!! Congrats to Connor!!

Thanks Mottz that means a lot. My only regret is I was caught up in the moment. I didn’t film his reaction and our discussion afterward about waiting for an ethical shot. Oh well I guess that’s just me being a dad.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

hoping to get some hunting done in wisconsin this weekend. i have lots of other stuff to do so i may not hunt as much as i'd like. good luck this weekend everyone.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:10 AM
Fork Horn

Hunting in Ohio tomorrow morning!!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck in Wisconsin Rack! Why you're there you can watch the Huskers kick Wisconsins' butt.

Good luck Robow!! Get one down for us.

I'll be out this weekend. Crops are starting to come out fast here. Hopefeully down in my hunting area.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

passed on a basket 6 tonight at my inlaw's. him and a button buck spent about 20 minutes within 10 yards of me. also they were downwind of me within about 60 yards for a long time and never smelled me. i was surprised! another great hunt though. When i saw him coming i thought he was one of the 2 nicer bucks hanging around their property. oh well. long season yet. heading to wisconsin to hunt tomorrow afternoon and sunday morning. should be fun.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Opening day here in the morning!!! I'll be headed out at about 3am to kick it off. Mainly scouting but the bow will be in hand so maybe lady luck will be on my side. I'm just glad to have an excuse to get out there and away from work again for a few days. Good luck to all who are out!!
Old 10-01-2011, 03:18 AM
Typical Buck

Good story with your son Robow - something that can't be experienced sitting behind a computer, lol.
Centauri, tough break, I've had a deer or two or more escape because I was dozing off.

We getting set for a cool spell here, maybe the action will pick up.

-fsh
Old 10-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very slow in the deer woods today. Nothing much on cams either. Need to get some crops out.

Oh, and could we all just forget that line about the Huskers beating up on the Badgers?? It would be greatly appreciated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.