Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 Turkey Contests
Need your Input - here is your chance >

Need your Input - here is your chance

Community

Need your Input - here is your chance

Old 06-02-2010, 01:11 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Arrow Need your Input - here is your chance

For the last couple of years ArrowMaster and I have conducted this fun contest for you.

We do listen to ideas so am asking for your input once again,

List your Likes and Dislikes

Or

Pros and Cons

Pro - I have a blast and each yr I meet someone new. I don't give a rip if you shoot a bird or not - just ask you have fun. The contest was down almost 100 people from last year but I think Facebook and Twitter has helped a few not do forums. Am guessing.

Con for me - well stickers seem to not be well accepted. We pay for that as they are free to you. No I have no budget from HNI and don't want one - I am a volunteer here.

Con for us - we get members who sign up fro the contest but then soon disapear. How do we correct that? Require a valid e-mail address?

This is a Fun Contest and we don't give away any prizes. Thanks to the many who asked to Donate but No we will not give away merchandise. Sorry.

So the floor is open. Contest closes June 7. Final results will be posted by June 14th
Cyber Butterball awards will then be handed out.
JW
Old 06-02-2010, 05:01 PM
Spike

As for members that disappear during the contest, might want to consider only active members with a pre determined amount of activity with the forum before the contest?
Old 06-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would let everyone know that 3 emails ( or pm's) will be going out to participants, and a reply will be needed on all 3 before you will be officially entered into the contest...send them out a few days apart.( good luck writing the software for this)

or

just make it part of the contest like it always is, and its the luck of the draw.

or

make it real interesting, almost like a family reunion type deal, where ya pick your own team, and come back every year and try and beat the last years team.... with a trophy that passes from state to state and needs to be relinquished to the next years winner.

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 06-02-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

MY input is I need a rasise and not a kick in the pants either JW. No Im just kidding around. Please feel free to give us input. I love this contest and want to make it the best it can be...
Old 06-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

I'll toss ya 4 bucks for my stickers if yall quit cryin...

Just kiddin, I'll help yall out next year..... damn babies
Old 06-02-2010, 08:07 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Arrow that wish is almost granted ...........and yes at times it is a bigger kick in the pants more so than what ya git now!

JW
Old 06-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

I've been in a few contests, and the common con is no shows after they commit to the team. I don't understand the concept of joining a team, and then screwen them by disapearing. Just don't join in the first place, if you have a commitment problem. No one seems to have a solution to the problem, but post counts seem to help. However, I didn't have many posts, and I participated vs some regulars on here that disapeared.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default contest

I enjoy the contest, and guess I might be one that is considered to disappear. I don't post comments very often but I check the forum every day. I really enjoy hearing what folks are doing and their successes & failures.

Keep up the good work.

dog1
Old 06-03-2010, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Buckhound
As for members that disappear during the contest, might want to consider only active members with a pre determined amount of activity with the forum before the contest?
Ditto....
we had 2 this year...
Old 06-03-2010, 06:34 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I hear you folks!

that is one reason we asked that Captains share a valid e-mail. As without Captains we can not run this contest.

Through Administration I can get more than Private Message capability and that helps at times.

I do think once assigned we will give X days to log in - and then re-assign as they come back. We did do that a bit this year..err.... Arrowmaster did.

But again even as competitive as this gets for all of us - rememer it is a fun event and all you win is bragging rights?

There will be a new item that one can print out this year.
The HNI Butterball Awards - which gets you a printed piece of paper to ahnd onthe wall!

that is if you have a printer!

JW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.