Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 Turkey Contests
2010 Spring Contest Braggin Board = Post story & Pictures >

2010 Spring Contest Braggin Board = Post story & Pictures

Community

2010 Spring Contest Braggin Board = Post story & Pictures

Old 05-10-2010, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mconwa951
Had a great weekend got my largest MN bird and second largest bird of all time. All the birds were very quited didn't here much for gobbles he cam in dead silent. and left the same way over my shoulder. Shot mine and guided to two others 5hrs in the feild 3 birds smallest was 20 lbs.
25lbs 11.5in beard 1.125 spurs
Awesome bird. 25lbs..thats an amazing bird. I hope one day i can get one that big! Congrats!
Old 05-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your score is 22 + 10.625 + 10 + 16.5 = 59.125
Old 05-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Awesome I love all the pics and stories. Congrats to all...
Old 05-11-2010, 03:25 PM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Link to Post - Back to Top Logged

bhw first bird

21 pounds
9.5" beard
1.125" lt spur
1.125" rt spur

Score = 62.5
Old 05-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

Default Mossberg Tom and Excalibur Tom

2010 Wild Turkey Season

Not a bad year filled one tag with the old reliable Mossberg 835 and then finally held out to take my first with the excalibur. It was cool taking one with the bow (I now have a North American Whitetail Buck, Canadian Bull Moose, and Wild Turkey Tom taken with it) but I must say I like it better when they drop and flop in front of you and not when they run out of sight to do it.

Mossberg Tom
12/05/10 0640 AM

Gobbled once on the limb then shut up. Finally came in all quiet to 15 yards where I shot him. Flopped and dropped right there.

Excalibur Tom
16/05/10 0716 AM

Exact opposite. Gobbled seveal times on the limb. Once on the ground he gobbled at everything I threw at him. Finally came in strutting and gobbling to 10 yds where I shot him. I aimed for his neck and thought I missed when he ran off but I could here him behind me, wings beating and flopping in the same location then all quiet. I knew he was down for good.

Anyway the season is over now so congrats to all who have taken a bird or two and also to those that gave it there best shot. Also good luck to those lucky ones still out there chasing them.

Tim
Old 05-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Gang
Well the season started off really bad!
Two days before the opener due to a miss communication, I lost privilege to my honey hole.
The farm was sold and the new owner gave permission to some one else.
The night before the opener they call me and said go ahead but be aware of other hunters!
So 4:30am we show up to hump in and two trucks are already there so we back out not wanting to get shot or piss off some one else by busting their hunt!
Well I am really bummed to say the least so I head to work to grumble!
I decide to head back after work but I am really late so I put the hammer down hoping to get at least a hour in before our 7pm shut down.
This is where I make a major screw up!
I run into my house grab my stuff and motor on out. Half way there i realize I have forgotten my camo jacket and my ammo bag!
DAM IT
I decide just to go scouting!
When I get there I reach in my turkey vest pocket and I find a old shell 3" that I used to shoot. I have patterned my new gun with 3.5 inch but what the hell.
I walk through the field seeing nothing and grumble that every bird in the county has seen me. When I get to my usual spot I hear a hen clucking so I turn my head and in the adjacent field is about 6 to 8 hens.
I duck down drop all my gear except my gun and run across the field to a brush line. There I crawl hands and knees to where I can see them again. They start to walk in front of me and being out in the open and no camo or anything I think they are going to bust me.
They turn to look behind them as do I and looky looky there is a big old tom strutting his stuff!
I sit up aim through the brush and bang he is flopping around .
I run to him and grab him as it was a long 40 yard shot!
I look at my watch it is 6:13pm and I got out of the truck at 6:03pm!
Dam 10 min out of the truck and I got a a big old tom with no calling and doing everything wrong!
I did not deserve that bird but I will take him!
Thanks to the man up stairs!
Thanks for reading and I hope that helps in the scores!
Good luck all
Talk soon
Treebeard
Old 05-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default :)

Attached Thumbnails 2010 Spring Contest Braggin Board = Post story & Pictures-turkey-2010-005.jpg  
Old 05-24-2010, 05:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice birds everyone... congrats to all...

Tagged out in Massachusetts & New York for 2010... The kids like getting in the pics...
Took a jake first in MA to fill the freezer...

NY Tom 1

MA Tom

NY Tom #2
Old 05-27-2010, 05:38 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

bhw bird # 2 team # 13

Gang,

I worked this bird for multiple mornings. He was with a twin and tried to slip around me in the field. He was "way out there" and I held high on his head and down he went. I measured the distance with my rangefinder at 55 yds.

16 lbs
1" spurs
9" beard

Your score is 16 + 10 + 10 + 18 = 54