Community

Team 14 FanTom Assassins

Old 03-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, I got my 2nd Louisiana bird this morning (3/27). I worked him from daylight until I finally got him at 11:00. He weighs 18 lbs. 14 oz., has a 7.5 inch beard, and matching 3/4 inch spurs. He's a nice two yr. old. Not as big as my other bird, but I'm still proud of him. He officially scores 48.875.
Attached Thumbnails Team 14 FanTom Assassins-100_1422.jpg   Team 14 FanTom Assassins-100_1430.jpg  
Old 03-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Spike

Superstrutter, you have given us a great start. Congrats on the 2nd bird.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

Great birds superstrutter. Nothing in the bag yet for me. Will try again soon. Wish me luck.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default opening day

April 1 is opening day!! I'll be hunting hard all day. How many others on team 14 have their season start tomorrow? my friend here in SC had good luck last weekend on the youth hunt, his daughter and her friend both killed longbeards and the birds were vocal and came in on a string.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't heard from some of you guys lately. What's going on? Who all is hunting now besides me and Springspur? Anybody been scouting with any luck? I'm finished in Louisiana. We have a two gobbler limit. I'll be going to Tenn. this weekend for the opener and back to Texas in a couple of weeks, then maybe back to Tenn. later. I'm going to try to get as much turkey hunting done as possible. Other than that, I'll just be filming turkeys and doing a little fishing. Everybody keep in touch and let us know what's going on. Make sure when you do bag a bird to post it here. Good luck everyone. I know some of you are going crazy to get out there and chase longbeards.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:27 AM
Spike

Default Anxiously Waiting

Season doesn't open in KY until April 17th. I went out last weekend and heard several gobbling from 5 different locations. It seems like they are still in their winter flocks. It's starting to get warm so I'm hoping they start breaking up and get to their strutting zones. I'm planning on a long sit next Saturday to try to pin them down.

Just two more weeks!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Update

hunted public land this morning, heard 3 but they got henned up off the roost. Didn't go after them cause i thought i would have jammed up other hunters, i know the lay of the land a little better so if they sound off in the morning & won't come in I'm running & gunning. there is a lot of pressure and it will be a madhouse this saturday, and they will get call shy quick. i've got reservations to hunt the bombing range on saturday and it is surrounded by state forest so hopefully some additional birds will have been pushed in today & tomorrow. mama is leaving town for a week and taking the digital camera and computer so updates on my many kills(hah) will be delayed. i might use my sons computer but definately won't have a camera. good luck Superstrutter and hope everyone elses scouting goes well.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Spike

Default Tnj. hunt

Superstrutter I will be in Tn to hunt next wed. till Mon.12th. We will hut the N.E. (Cherokee section.) I am going with a couple of good turkey hunters who have been there years ago. I will also be hunting with a friend who is a wildlife artist (pretty well known in the north east.) Will star scouting Wed. afternoon. Any suggestions would be helpful to me. Should I be scouting The ridges or the valleys this time of year. Is there a particular food source that they prefer right now?
Old 04-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Curtis, the area I hunt in Tenn. is pretty flat. I hunt in Hardeman County, which is only about an hour and 1/2 east of Memphis. I have hunted in Wayne county a few times, and the turkeys will roost on the ridges and will usually feed on top of the ridges. I don't know how the acorn-mast crop was this year. Last year it was bad and it had an affect on the numbers. I'll be hunting the edge of a newly disked field this weekend. Turkeys loved fresh disked fields, especially in the afternoon. We're going to go scout this afternoon around the fields. I've also hunted just west of Memphis and had good luck. These early season Tenn. birds can be downright tough to hunt, at least they have been for us in the past few years. I have only taken two gobblers in the past four years in Tenn. I guess it depends on where you are hunting. There are not a whole bunch of gobblers where I hunt, so the more hens there are, the harder it is. Good luck to you next week. Bring one home for the team.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default 1st bird of the season

I'm on the board for team 14. Killed a swinger this morning 3 Apr 7:10 am. Hunting the Shaw AFB bombing range. heard them gobbling on roost & headed their way down a logging road. Saw a bird walking to me at about 150 yds heading away from the gobbling, he must not of been a dominate bird. I saw him before he busted me & did a ninja into the treeline, he continued to me and went into strut every time the other birds gobbled. at about 75 yds he left the road & came into the treeline on my side. I didn't see him for about 5 minutes & did 2 series of soft yelps. he came in strutting and i dropped him with a load of 5's at 39 yards.
18.1 pounds
7/8'' spurs
11.0 beard
The huntmaster for the bombing range took pics with his digital camera, should have them on tues or wed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.