Community

Team 14 FanTom Assassins

Old 05-10-2010, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome bird Snewton!

That is some awesome property you hunt on from what i can see in the background!
Old 05-10-2010, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job Seth. That's a very good bird. I will post the score. Every bird helps now.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Spike

Good bird snewton. Fri. I think I messed up on one. Got up after a silent mourning walked a few steps and one gobbled close. I sat down and gave a couple clucks and waited.......nothing. Was I busted? Sat. was very windy as bark and limbs were falling on me figured it was time to go. Will try again this Fri. and Sat.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Spike

Thanks everyone! Yeah, it was my Grandpa's farm. Now it's my Dad's, Uncle's, and Aunt's. I've been hunting on it since I was 10. We got four birds off of it this year and I saw four with the latest I shot. Looking good for next year...should have plenty of old gobblers.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Spike

Update for the team. I have been out numerous times in the early stages of the PA season and have had a few close calls but no luck. Two of my buddies have scored and I will be out til the end of the month giving it my all. Good luck to the rest of the team.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Spike

Out this weekend again. Two gobblers with hens One had a 7 in. beard the other was to the ground and a head redder than I have ever seen. Spotted them on an old air strip and put a stalk on after 3 hrs of waiting. Got within 40 to 50 yrds when I spot the 7 in. going over the hill. It did stop long enough for me to check him out with the binoculars. I decided to pass and wait for the big one to get out of the dip and move up the hill following the smaller bird. Big mistake as it never came out. Could have moved out in front of the smaller bird and I missed seeing him? Good news is I know where he lives and I shall return next weekend. Wish me luck as this is a big bird!!
Old 05-18-2010, 05:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, JW sent me the stickers, but when I got them, the envelope was open and damaged. There were only four stickers in the envelope. I notified him and he said he would send me some more. I haven't gotten then yet. I did however send the four that I got. For now, four of you will get stickers. When I get the others I will send them. I received addresses from 7 team members. It's not too late to pm your address to me if you want a sticker. Who all is still hunting? Curtis, it's getting late, you may not want to be too picky. Good luck to all who are still hunting.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Spike

superstrutter I agree. Will be back at it this weekend hoping the hens are bred by then and the long beards are looking. We can only hunt till noon here. Plus the birds that I have been hunting have lock jaw so far.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:16 AM
Spike

It's tuff to sit in there when they aren't talking. I can't imagine waiting for 3 hours and hearing nothing. I bet the big gobbler was out in front of the other bird. Did you see the smaller one just as you were able to see the hill they were going over? Good luck this weekend!
Old 05-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Spike

I think I caught the last two birds going over the hill. I still can't figure out what tipped them off as it was wet and quite and they could not see me until I could see them. Could they have smelled me?? Or just animal instinct?? Good wheather for Fri. so back up to camp Thurs. night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.