Community

Team 2 Tominators

Old 04-26-2010, 06:15 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Guys -

Our captain's in Missouri - I'm sure he'll be landing a turk any minute now!!!

Colbea's season starts today in Ontario - Good Luck Colbea!!!!!!!!! Come on buddy, we need some points on the board! LOL

We also have 3 guys with season opener's this Saturday - I feel it - We're gonna have a good week!!! Oya!!!!

Kim
Old 04-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

FINALLY had a morning that wasn't raining but the wind was still cold and clipping along at 20+ mph. The heavy rains of the last few days have left a flooded, swampy mess of most of the property and it's made access difficult. The flooded creek cuts me off from the roost which obviously hurts my bowhunting strategy. Either way, the birds just weren't talking much today. Had one Tom that shut up once he hit the ground and the other only gobbled a couple dozen times before moving away towards a large field that I don't have access to. I spent all day (5:30 to 1:00 PM) in the blind and only heard those 2 birds. I had a lone Hen walk past shortly after 7 o'clock but she never brought a boyfriend by. Still have 2 more days to hunt before its back to work.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats BOWHUNTINGisLIFE, let's see some pics. Either Email to IL-Cornfed, or ya can Email'm to me and we'll get them posted.

Sorry to here everyone is strugglin' with the weather, and un-cooperative birds. I'm heading back to the farm in KS. this coming weekend with a friend of mine in hopes of filling his two tags. I'll tote the video camera along and catch it on film for him.
Hang in there, those that are still hunting. Some times late season is when the best action happens, when those 'ol gobblers run out of hens to breed.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry not around for some time!!! Work,work,work!!! I will be in the woods on saturday for the start of the PA season! I have 2 tags and will be going up the hills next week for 5 days of a much need turkey vacation !!! Can't wait!!!!!! Keep on pluging team 2 !!! Oh on a side note I did book a 7 week bowhunt to Kansas the last week of october this year!!! That will be a much needed Deer Bowhunting vacation!!! Good Luck and be safe!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 04-27-2010, 05:19 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck Hatchet Jack!!! We're all still going at it like gang-busters.... I feel it, we're gonna have a helluva week!!!

Kim
Old 04-27-2010, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you right Kim !!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 04-27-2010, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

How many birds do team 2 have on the board?

Hatchet Jack
Old 04-27-2010, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Should have 4 kills on the board, if we've gotten BOWHUNTINGisLIFE bird scored/posted.

What part of KS. will ya be deer hunting. Our family farm in in North Central KS. and I go back every year to deer hunt.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

Here he is, my first bird of 2010.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

We should have 5 on the board now!!! Ya baby!!!

Congrats Colbea!!! Great looking turkey!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

Also got the stats on BOWHUNTINGisLIFE's turk ... sweet! NWTF Score: 25 + 10 + 11.25 + 19 = 65.25

Keep at it guys - I had a good evening. Didn't seal the deal but saw several hens. Tried a new spot and I have a good feeling about it. There's a BIG BOSS GOBBLER out there - they're been running him for the past 4 years - old boy has 5 beards - rumor is, he has my name on him!!! Holy crap - I can only hope!!!!! No one else is hunting this spot this year, so that is a HUGE PLUS! The other spot was only supposed to have 1 other hunter, but I know we've seen close to 7 or 8 guys out there so far.

I'm fired up!!! (Did u notice?) LOL Nice job guys!

Kim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.