Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 Turkey Contests
Team #1 Last Gobble  - 2009 Champions >

Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions

Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions

Old 03-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

Tscheaf

The cheapy single shot I bought for the lady friend looks like its limited to 30yrds no matter what load we use, but thats OK because shes on Team 9. LOL[/quote]

LOL - This may be the funniest line of the year posted on this website. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.

Good one Trevor - just don't let your girlfriend catch wind of this. Otherwise she might start looking at those shells your loading wondering if they are blanks.

MC
Old 03-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

I will be hunting with my mathews reezen 7.0 I bought before deer season. If it gets close to the end again I will break out the over and under. Good luck team.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Please welcome your new team mate outdoorillin
Old 03-10-2010, 04:56 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Arrowmaster
Please welcome your new team mate outdoorillin
Thanks Arrow. I presume he knows that you assigned him to us?

I also haven't heard back from WestonAU or mobuckhunter79 either. Disappointed about Weston as he participated in the contest last year and killed a bird. Mobuckhunter was a no-show and his last post on the site was March, 2009.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've sent him A PM inviting him to come up and check in.
His full handle is outdoorillin46D.
Hopefully he shows up, he's new to the forums but there is a dead bird in his avatar pic.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:28 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by tschaef
I've sent him A PM inviting him to come up and check in.
His full handle is outdoorillin46D.
Hopefully he shows up, he's new to the forums but there is a dead bird in his avatar pic.

Thanks for doing that Trev. I believe he is a replacement for squirrelkilla, who was a no-show last year.

I asked Arrow for two more subs for WestonAU and mobuckhunter79.

Disappointed about Weston - I think he killed the first turkey for our team llast season if I'm not mistaken. I never expected mobuckerhunter to show up, as he never showed-up last year.

What's with people who sign up for something like this then disappear??? These must be the same folks that throw garbage and beer cans out the carwindow into my yard and knock my mailbox down at least once a year.

MC
Old 03-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Spike

Hey I got a pm saying that I was an alternate for team 1. Do I just count if someone decides to back out or isn't able to draw a tag? I also think I checked in on the sign up thread as well. Regardless, I will be hunting in Mich and Illinois this Spring.

Nice to meet everyone
Old 03-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Spike

hahah sorry guys I didn't read the previous few post. i guess that I am on the team. i'm feeling some pressure since you guys are the defending champs, but I will hopefully be able to contribute.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome Kevin. No pressure dude, its all just for fun and bragging rights. Glad to have you on board.

Sorry if I confused you by calling you an alternate, you are a full member of the team, you are replacing a guy that signed up then disappeared last year. Turns out we didn't really need him and won the big show short handed anyways.

Mouthcaller is our captain, our name is The Last Gobble, and we used to be team 21 but automatically became Team #1 this year as defending champs.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

Outdoor

Welcome to the team and we are really glad to have you.

This is a really fun contest and I want to repeat tschaef's comments that you should not feel pressure to contribute at all. The purpose is to have fun and meet some new people here in cyperspace who love to turkey hunt. We have a good mix if young and "experienced" hunters from several states including a crazy "furiner" from somewhere in the frozen north where it snows constantly.

The only thing I ask as captain is that you contribute as much as you can to the team thread, encourge others, and have fun. That's it brother.

We probably got a little lucky last year, but we'll take it. Out of the 9 of us that actually "showed up" 7 teammembers checked a bird. Two of those were very high-scoring double bearded turkeys (tschaef and Fl.huntress) which really helped our score. We got off to a roaring start and kept the momentum going. Tschaef took that 80pt double beard in Canada then Pinsapex put us over the top by putting down the bow and busting a jake near the end of the season and we pulled it off.

FYI - my son is doallhunter and a teammember of The Last Gobble. His birthday is Friday and he'll be 14.

Welcome once again to the best team in the contest, the defending champions, Team #1, The Last Gobble

MC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.