HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team #1 Last Gobble - 2009 Champions
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 01:42 PM
mouthcaller
Typical Buck

Outdoor

Welcome to the team and we are really glad to have you.

This is a really fun contest and I want to repeat tschaef's comments that you should not feel pressure to contribute at all. The purpose is to have fun and meet some new people here in cyperspace who love to turkey hunt. We have a good mix if young and "experienced" hunters from several states including a crazy "furiner" from somewhere in the frozen north where it snows constantly.

The only thing I ask as captain is that you contribute as much as you can to the team thread, encourge others, and have fun. That's it brother.

We probably got a little lucky last year, but we'll take it. Out of the 9 of us that actually "showed up" 7 teammembers checked a bird. Two of those were very high-scoring double bearded turkeys (tschaef and Fl.huntress) which really helped our score. We got off to a roaring start and kept the momentum going. Tschaef took that 80pt double beard in Canada then Pinsapex put us over the top by putting down the bow and busting a jake near the end of the season and we pulled it off.

FYI - my son is doallhunter and a teammember of The Last Gobble. His birthday is Friday and he'll be 14.

Welcome once again to the best team in the contest, the defending champions, Team #1, The Last Gobble

MC