Community

Team 4 Spurr'n Longbeards

Old 03-24-2011, 05:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Arrowmaster
I have faith in ya SS. I know you will bust a few
Man Kenny I gotta get one soon or I'm gonna go crazy! I feel like they'll be talkin to me in the morning.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:20 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SouthernStrut56
EFH, I thought that said "I got another bird this morning", you got me excited! It's been a slow start this year all across the state from what I hear. Last weekend we didn't hear a sound from the roost. The handful of gobbles we heard came during the normal silent period around 8:30 or 9:00. They shut up from about 9:30 til around 12 then they started back up a little. We even heard a few way off around 1 or 1:30. They just haven't been fired up at all around here, but I'm expecting em to start up over the next week. I'm heading back to the woods in the morning so hopefully I can get on one. Gonna be storming all weekend so I'm gonna set my blind up Friday afternoon to sit in it all day Saturday and probably Sunday too. Maybe we'll all score one this weekend.
LOL! Thought I was going to get to brag too! About the first of April their right!! I'm with you, hope we all geet one this weekend.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

You know what EFH... I noticed that too on that tom... there is actually another one up there with the same tag about being "property of team 4" on it as well!
hehe
Good luck guys!
I still have a month to wait!
Old 03-25-2011, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

This guy was down with 3 jakes earlier...
Old 03-25-2011, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Then this guy came down and chased off the smaller tom and jakes...
Old 03-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Western MA thats a nice one!!
Old 03-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Western your killin me man. Id shoot that strutter in a heart beat
Old 03-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Western you better knock his head off man! Once again I heard nothing and saw nothing today. Our entire 30 acre field is plowed up, fresh dirt all over the place, not a single bird in sight. I got down there today and my gate was unlocked. Found out the farmer we leased it to for planting corn has a buddy in the club next to me and he took him down to our cabin and fields last weekend. I got a feeling he left the gate unlocked for him bc they know I won't be anywhere around til the weekends and he can hunt those fields during the week. Looking worse and worse for me. There oughta be a bunch of birds in the fields every day with all that fresh dirt.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Fork Horn

SS maybe you should tell the farmer you would appreciate him NOT bringing others on to your land. And to close the gate behind him when he is finished. Thats a bummer though you aren't having any luck!!
Old 03-26-2011, 07:30 AM
Fork Horn

Weather here in N. MI. for the up coming week is suppose to gradually warm up. I hope so the snow needs to go!! season starts April 18 for me. Sucks with this snow been wanting to get my trail cam out but hopefully the weather starts to shape up. Haven't been seeing any turkey's yet either while I have been out sight seeing!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.