Community

Team 4 Spurr'n Longbeards

Old 03-21-2011, 06:06 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SouthernStrut56
Looks like rain for the only two days I get to hunt this week, which isn't a bad thing. Maybe they'll be slipping around near the fields. I'm trying to stay positive about all the crap I've been finding out lately, maybe it's not as bad as it seems. I'm sure there's still a few good birds around somewhere. I will not leave my land this coming weekend til there's blood and feathers in the bed of the truck!
Now that sounds more like it!!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:08 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Hey RPD, how'd that hunt go?
Old 03-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by EFH
Now that sounds more like it!!
Yeah I can't help but keep a positive attitude about turkey hunting, even after that frustrating rant I still love it! Complaining about things I can't control won't do any good, I just gotta get that snarl on my face and hunt mad again. I'm actually looking forward to getting soaked this weekend and chasing birds ALONE.......I had my BAD luck buddy with me this past weekend and he carries bad vibes with him everywhere he goes lol. I'm considering this coming weekend my opening day. War on turkeys begins Saturday
Old 03-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

any of you guys use a red dot on your shotgun? my father and brother in law both have them on their turkey guns and they seem pretty cool for turkey hunting...
any thoughts?
Old 03-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by EFH
Hey RPD, how'd that hunt go?
EFH, My Sunday hunt ended up being a whole lot like my Saturday hunt. We tried to stay away from the bulk of the other hunters but ended up having one about 100 yards from us. We tried to work a bird that was off in the distance but the other guy screwed things up. Oh well, that is public land hunting. We have a permit for this Saturday. Should be a better hunt.
Ray
Old 03-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Western MA Hunter
any of you guys use a red dot on your shotgun? my father and brother in law both have them on their turkey guns and they seem pretty cool for turkey hunting...
any thoughts?
My two hunting buddies use them and they like em.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:43 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Western MA Hunter
any thoughts?
I,ve got a buddy that uses one and loves it. I bought one, tru-glo, two years ago. I was moving to another spot and a dang turkey ran across the road about 20yds and flew out in a cutover. Well since you have to turn it on to use it...... well it spent the rest of the season rolling around behind my truck seat!! I could have left it on, but then you got to worry about batteries. I'll just stick to good ol reliable fiber optics.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Bushnell Holosight on my gun, which I love. Nicest thing is your head can be in different places on the stock and it's still accurate...
Old 03-22-2011, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never tried any of that so I don't know. I do know I would never want to use a scope on my turkey gun though. I'd get frustrated trying to get a gobbler in my sights at close range. These hills usually present me with a shot of 20 yds or less, so I just line the two beads up on the 870 and let it rip. Long range shots in open terrain would be different though. I could see how it would be beneficial in places like that. Ethan, quit playin around on the computer and go kill us another bird you slayer!
Old 03-22-2011, 05:21 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SouthernStrut56
I've never tried any of that so I don't know. I do know I would never want to use a scope on my turkey gun though. I'd get frustrated trying to get a gobbler in my sights at close range. These hills usually present me with a shot of 20 yds or less, so I just line the two beads up on the 870 and let it rip. Long range shots in open terrain would be different though. I could see how it would be beneficial in places like that. Ethan, quit playin around on the computer and go kill us another bird you slayer!
LOL! Yea, yea ok. I took off Thur. mornin for a couple hours, gonna try one more time before the greenhorns make em to hard to call! Haha! Man been tryin to get you fired up, need some help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.