Community

Team 4 Spurr'n Longbeards

Old 04-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Fork Horn

Season starts Monday here can't wait!! Suppose to get nasty weather for the weekend with wind and rain, but still hoping for the best on Monday!! Good Luck to all that will be hittin the woods and let's get some BIG birds for the team.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Ok almost packed and ready to head to Missouri on Sunday. Season starts there Monday for me. It looks good for opening morning Low of 53 and the high of 63 partly cloudy.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

YEEEE HAAAA!! The ground is covered with SNOW again here today!! Not really what I was hoping for the day before season starts...
Old 04-17-2011, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Ok guys Im off to Missouri. Everyone be safe and good luck.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I just got finished with a tough four day hunt on some public land. Got a big goose egg!!! This has been a tough year for the group of guys that I hunt with. Not one bird between the three of us. There is about a week and and a half of the season left but I do not think I will make it out. Good luck to all you guys.
Ray
Old 04-19-2011, 04:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

less than 1 week left here and counting... the toms seem to have disappeared behind dads for the time being... 5 jakes around though... Gonna at least get the kid some action on them this Sat with the youth hunt. The toms will show back up. I do have a few other tricks up my sleeve as well!
I am going to try to take my first bird with the bow this year... so one of those jakes may be in trouble as well!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:54 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Ok, went back out Sunday hoping for any signs that would let me know the birds are still going! We had a few tornados Friday and the riverbottom was flooded once again. With waders on I made my trek to high ground, gettin hard to come by! Had a hen pitch down about 40yds in front of me then mill off and that was it at daylight, complete silence! About 8:30 I spotted a hen and a STRUTTER in a field about 500yds away! I got in the woodline and circled to them, the water now is so deep my turkey vest is getting wet, but hey anything for a longbeard right!!! When I came back to the edge I had made it to within 80yds of the lovebirds. It was thick with briars but, after peeking through at them and calling softly for about 10min the hen got warm enough in the sun she let her feathers down and the girls walked off!!! DANG!!! Hahahahah!!!! oh well, I was proud of my stealthiness anyway. LOL!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

Well we got 8in of fresh snow again here today needless to say the hunting hasn't been very good here with the winds,cold temps and now the snow. The turkeys seem to be all together yet in big groups and they don't respond to any calls. Weekend temps are looking better with the temps warming up so hopefully things start to shape up and the turkeys get their act together. Tried sneaking up on a decent TOM yesterday but to no avail, called for a while nothing sat there for 4hrs and the 2 hens come around but they didnt like the decoy and off they went!!

Hopefully things start getting better and I can connect with one soon..Next week if I dont have any luck probably try and get over to a different spot where brother-in-law connected with one. He wants to try to video some footage with his camera so we'll see how that turns out.

Good Luck to all and hopefully this team starts filling up with some dandy turkeys!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

Oh yea almost forgot, received the sticker in the mail as well Arrowmaster.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Well Missouri wasnt a fun adventure. The toms were henned up and the weather wasnt helping. But I blew it on the first day. I misjudged my yardage and knocked him down only for him to get up and fly, then crash. I couldnt find him I'll be back out in Missouri in a few days to try it again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.