Community

Team 4 Spurr'n Longbeards

Old 03-23-2011, 02:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's been tough to get fired up this year bc I'm working a new job and have no vacation time built up to take off. I'm thinking about trying Bankhead NF out after work one day here soon. Never been there, don't even know how to get there, but I may check it out and give it a shot. I hate getting off work and having 4 hours of daylight and nowhere to hunt. I've gotta move back toward my dang land, this 3 hour drive aint gonna cut it for much longer.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

had 4 gobbling in my father's yard again this am... late april can't get here soon enough!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

I can feel the rush coming.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:55 AM
Typical Buck

Crooked Beard Arrowmaster

(Picture the smiley as Crooked Beard standing out 60 yds from you waving at you from behind the briar bushes!) LOL

If your team doesn't know about Crooked Beard.... They WILL!!!

REVENGE 2011 .... KILL HIM!!!

Kim
Old 03-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is one of the toms that has been at my folks... he just took the pic aroun 1pm today!
Old 03-24-2011, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

Nice one!! Looks like you got him all penned up!! Haha
Old 03-24-2011, 03:35 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Good lookin bird westernMA!!!!

I got on another bird this morning. Nothing gobbled at daylight, and I sat at the edge of a cornfield till 8:30. Not even a hen showed up. I had to go to work so I decided to hunt my way back to the truck. After getting about 60 or so yards back in the woodline, I decided to do some excited cutting ( I hadn't called because that's were I peppered the bird opening day and soy my second bird with another Tom). I heard a gobble abbot 150yds and was deciding were to setup. I cut again to check his direction and he was abbot 80yds! I got ready, he was hot and I could hear him drumming! Then I heard a cackle, thought he was flying a ditch to get to me. After about a hour with no show I had to leave. When I started walking he flew out of a tree!!! Guess coyotes or something stirred him up? Well he's around, but that could be my 3rd crack at the same bird! Think he's educated? LOL!!!!!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:47 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Hey Western, I did notice something strange about your gobbler. I was on my iPhone and couldn't really tell, but when I got home and zoomed in and checked, i was right! He's got team 4 written all over him!! Hahaha!! Good Luck
Old 03-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

I have faith in ya SS. I know you will bust a few
Old 03-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

EFH, I thought that said "I got another bird this morning", you got me excited! It's been a slow start this year all across the state from what I hear. Last weekend we didn't hear a sound from the roost. The handful of gobbles we heard came during the normal silent period around 8:30 or 9:00. They shut up from about 9:30 til around 12 then they started back up a little. We even heard a few way off around 1 or 1:30. They just haven't been fired up at all around here, but I'm expecting em to start up over the next week. I'm heading back to the woods in the morning so hopefully I can get on one. Gonna be storming all weekend so I'm gonna set my blind up Friday afternoon to sit in it all day Saturday and probably Sunday too. Maybe we'll all score one this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.