Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers >

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Community

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Old 03-20-2011, 05:42 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by DTC
I think I am to late to enter, sorry guys, my wife had a miscarriage and it's been a tough go for us. Anyway, good luck to everyone.

Very sorry about your news DTC, I hope for the best for you and your family. I think it's AWSOME that they put you back on the team!!! WELCOME! When does your season start and where are you hunting??
Old 03-20-2011, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

Man, where I'm hunting in a couple of weeks, my buddy guiding for a friend, put him on one big ol trophy Osceola. Rough is over 11 1/2" beard, around 20#s weight, and spurs 1 3/4". Dang!! That is a Hoss. Shot a couple of hours ago. That's in the record books somewhere. I'm defintely pumped to get down there.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hate to hear that DTC!! But glad to get you back on the team.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:41 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Man! That is a hog Jay!! You find his brother and put the hurt to em!!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator

The clocks a tickin. I think I have already cleaned the gun 20 times this week. Seein a lot of birds around the private land just outside of town. Hopin I can get permission. If nothing else it shoud be a good sign of the number out there this year!

Just a couple weeks away......
Old 03-20-2011, 09:13 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
The clocks a tickin. I think I have already cleaned the gun 20 times this week. Seein a lot of birds around the private land just outside of town. Hopin I can get permission. If nothing else it shoud be a good sign of the number out there this year!

Just a couple weeks away......

Hopin to get permission on a couple new spotsmyself bthis season. Gonna have to start kissin some farmer butt real soon!! Sounds like it's lookin pretty promising for ya man! How many can you shoot in OK?
Old 03-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Some counties you are allowed only 1 but you are allowed 2 for the season just have to take them in differant counties. Where I normally hunt I can take 2.

If work allows I'm gonna try try to get to TX or Kansas. We are a little behind on the planes so we will see...
Old 03-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

We are allowed 3 of them here. I'm going to start off with 2 permits cause Saturday the bow comes out. I'd love to get a double with the bow. Even 1 would feel good though. $24 for a permit so I'm not going to spend it all at once.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mottz
We are allowed 3 of them here. I'm going to start off with 2 permits cause Saturday the bow comes out. I'd love to get a double with the bow. Even 1 would feel good though. $24 for a permit so I'm not going to spend it all at once.
My 8 year old grandson is out for his first Turkey hunt in Nebraska on Saturday, and wants to take his first Turkey with his bow. He got his first bow and shotgun this year, but has become an avid archer.
Him and my son getting tuned for Saturday.

He's tagged along with us since he was 3, and it's finally his time.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:30 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Thats really cool Jay! I can't wait till my boys are old enough to get them out after some birds!! My oldest is four, hopin by next yr to start takin him along, he's not quite ready as far as patiance goes yet but he's starting to get better. Here in Mich we are only allowed 1 bird. Which sucks in a way but numbers in my area are way down and the last few years it's been really tough to just get the one! There's myself, my uncle (teammate signman53) and my Dad, I've got to try and find birds for. My uncle and I have been able to pull it off just about every year for the past 6 or 7 yrs, but my Dad has yet to shoot a turkey!! Really gonna try hard to put him on one this yr.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.