Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers >

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Community

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Old 05-22-2011, 03:22 AM
Fork Horn

Well Mottz, the pressure is on us. We are currently in 3rd 34.3705 behind the 12 gauge team. That forces us to both have to put down a decent upgrade, unless you can hang up a 60 or better. Of course that hinges on the the 1st and 2nd team not upgrading any more. With this late in the season, that is a possibility. No pressure. There's always a multibeard floating around out there.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck guys. I would say that the season is in yalls hands but I think we did pretty dang good myself. Especially considering the weather.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

After today, don't get your hopes too high. Didn't hear or see anything until I went to check cameras. Came over a hill and 4 of them were on the other property line and they took off running. I just wonder if it isn't getting other pressure when I'm not in there?????
Old 05-23-2011, 05:15 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mottz
After today, don't get your hopes too high. Didn't hear or see anything until I went to check cameras. Came over a hill and 4 of them were on the other property line and they took off running. I just wonder if it isn't getting other pressure when I'm not in there?????
Later in the season they start gathering back up in bachelor groups, and usually aren't very vocal after flydown. This happened to me last year, and if I had staid where I was, I would have gotten my bird, but moved and got busted by a large group of males.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:40 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Hey boys, sorry for bein quiet the last few days, got a really sick 5 yr old here.
Mottz, sounds like yer best bet is to just get where you know they move thru, keep quiet and camp out and hope for the best. You seen em there so you know they are still around, good luck to ya!
Jay, there's a 12 in. beard with 1 1/2 hooks in Kansas just waitin for ya! Go get him!!!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 05:40 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Have are last 2 hunters started gearing up for this weekend yet??????
Old 05-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

In a way yes and in a way no. Weather has been total crap around here. Wont quit raining. Who knows what the weekend will do. But I already have a plan to take the gun, mouth call and maybe the fan and just sit close to the roost and hopefully they naturally come my way. If not then I don't know.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mottz
In a way yes and in a way no. Weather has been total crap around here. Wont quit raining. Who knows what the weekend will do. But I already have a plan to take the gun, mouth call and maybe the fan and just sit close to the roost and hopefully they naturally come my way. If not then I don't know.
Weather forecast in Kansas is thunderstorms all 3 days off and on. Sunday morning setting up the blind where I shot my big one last year, and staying there all day. Bringing my kindle, comfortable chair, and kickenback. Usually something wanders by during late morning to late afternoon, and hopen for a shot on a Tom. Have 2 tags, so Jake comes in, he's toast. Need the fan, and meat. I've passed probably 15 Jakes this year, but not the next one.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:24 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Good luck guys! Hope things work out for the both of ya!!
Old 05-28-2011, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be heading out Sun morning. Give it 1 last try. Wasn't too excited but a co-worker went home last night and shot a 7 1/2 bearded hen. Now I need something to come back with. Been a good run though here guys. Been alot of fun and be ready for next year. Maybe the contest mods will take into consideration the team chat and keep us together for winning that? But lets see what happens tomorrow first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.