Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers >

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Community

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Old 04-22-2011, 06:26 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Go get em boys!!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 01:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by j76
Go get em boys!!!!
Will be back May 2nd. Will give you a call on dead Turkeys. Good luck everyone. Later.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:21 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Good luck Jay!! Can't wait to hear from ya!!! Got a call from signman this mornin, He went out callin for a buddy of his and did his magic again!! got the guy a nice 2 yr old bird. His tag doesn't allow him to hunt down there so I gotta get him back up here. I thought it would be nice to tag out early this yr but every morn i don't get to go sucks!!! Man I love this stuff!
Old 04-23-2011, 11:18 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Ok, just got off the phone with Iowa Jaybird and he has did it again!!! Didn't get any measurements yet, think he was still twitchen when he called. He did think it could very well be an upgrade from his biggest thus far by a little tho. 4 tags in nine days??? I think he's gonna do it with a couple to spare!!! Congrats to Jay!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

My prediction will be this:

THOSE FLOCKIN' GOBBLERS will be..... to SPURR'N LONGBEARDS.

TEAM 4---> <---TEAM 10
Old 04-23-2011, 11:28 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by IBHUN10
My prediction will be this:

THOSE FLOCKIN' GOBBLERS will be..... to SPURR'N LONGBEARDS.

TEAM 4---> <---TEAM 10

Hey............... You guys hear something?????????? Sounded like it came waaayyyy down from the bottom of the pile.............
Old 04-23-2011, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Finally got one after a 3 year dryspell. Set up 50 yards from the roost with a single hen decoy. At sunrise I had a hen fly directly at my decoy and all the rest followed. Had 4 strutters that weren't offering me any shots. Then 4 hens were pecking my decoy and then started puttin. They were all getting nervous so I took a shot at the closest guy. I'm happy that I finally have the stripe removed from my back and that the hunt finally seemed to go the way I hoped. Still have permit to fill so I'll try to get my score up a little higher.

15pds
1/8 spurs
4 inch beard
15+10+10+8=43

Old 04-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good job Mottz!

My season has been going on since Monday, but today was my first day out. My first 5 minutes of hunting a had a tom respond to my calls. About 5 minutes later I had 4 jakes come walk in about 10 yards from me, looking for my calling. Thought they were gonna bust me and start putting, therefore blowing my hunt. But they just walked off. About 15 minutes later I had another tom respond to my calls, except this one was coming in. I spotted him out about 60 yards strutting and looking, but unfortunately he just kinda walked off as if he just all of a sudden lost interest. Never heard or seen anything after than except the sound of gusting winds.

Tomorrow is forecasted to be great weather, so I might do an all-dayer. Hope to contribute soon!
Old 04-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

I got out yesterday and had the biggest tom that I have seen come in. Its the first time that I have heard the "Drumming" but as my luck has been going he slipped in between me and the tree that I was by and I could not get turned for the shot. I tried to slip around the tree but one of his buddies spotted me and started puttin. They went about 30 yards on the other side of a hill so I swung around and started calling. They started back when a farmer across the street pulled in and had the cows runnin for the food. That was that I heard them. If I would have sat on the other side of the dang tree it would have been all over..lol They were on the other side of a fence and I figured that they would hit one spot of the fence that bottom line was raised but thats hunting. I stayed out from daylight to dark and this is the only action I had. This public land hunting has been going for getting the Turkey.

Mottz that is awesome that you broke your dry spell. Keep your fingers crossed that I can break mine. Its been since '05 for me. I hopefully can get out next friday or my season will be over.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:31 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Way to go Mottz!!!!!!!! Awsome job!! I knew you'd get it done!! Now that the dry spell is over the next will come easy for ya. Congrats man!!!!

Kds and Kelly, dang sounds like you guys are gettin real close!! Keep after em, it will happen!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.