Team 2 - Tominators

Old 04-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Typical Buck

springspur, i say this knowing it will make you laugh and well... I think you need that...

I'm NOT going BALD!!! LMAO!!!

Seriously though? Hang in there - it'll come around. It always does!!!

Kim
Old 04-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Spike

I struck out this year. I heard gobbling opening weekend (3/19) and that's it. Two jakes came out on me last Thursday but they aren't really worth shooting. I don't think I'll have another chance to go before the season closes here in central Fl. Sorry guys. I was sitting on my in-laws porch yesterday and a big tom came up to eat some corn. I hit the slate with a few purrs and clucks to see if I could get some sort of reaction. He turned around and hauled tail. Not exactly what I was going for. The birds just didn't cooperate like I thought they would this year.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

We've all been there bud!!! The main thing is that you got out there and chased them!!! Crazy that your season's over and mine is till 16 days away!!!

Kim
Old 04-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

As the weekend approaches for our first days of hunting...and the weather is not going to be so good. Could make for some ineresting conditions....
Old 04-13-2011, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default update

Hunting the state prison this weekend. The bombing range is closed untill futhure notice cause the budget is in limbo(f&*ing democrats) had some hens by me this morning clucking and I was hoping they would bring in some swingers but no joy. Got new eyes for the hen decoys, thanks delta.
Dan
Old 04-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just been playing the waiting game. Is it April 25 yet?
Old 04-15-2011, 02:44 AM
Typical Buck

LOL Ken... Same here!!! Come on baby.... It's getting close!!! We should be hunting a week from tomorrow (Saturday) HELL YA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on springspur! You're carrying all of us right now - haha! (Until we can HUNT!)

Kim
Old 04-15-2011, 04:13 AM
Fork Horn

Default fri update

Future ex-wifes car blew a head gasket, (guess cars don't take on the personalalities of thier owners!!!!!!!!) & helping with that. So, no hunt this morning, supposed to storm tomorrow for the state prison hunt. (sucks) if the budget gets passed maybe hunt the bombing range on Sun. Got the power pack installed on my knoxx spec ops stock for the 870 turkey sniper and looks good & works good. Kim get ready to kill something my back is hurting. So tie those shoelaces & get ready.
Dan
Old 04-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default state prison hunt

Prison hunt was a bust. The person that was supposed to be running it screwed it up drove 52 miles for nothing. No more sunday hunts at the bombing range this year(sucks) won't get to hunt till next friday. Maybe need to shave my head again!!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

So I went to south Alabama and hunted with my buddy, we went to a good Tom gobbling his head off, a hen came in to our calls across a 200 yard field. The Tom would strut but never come closer than about 100 yards. He'd gobble and strut out there and we had the hen on top of us, calling every call you can imagine! It was fun, but a dang coyote came running out from our left and chased the Gobbler back into the woods on the other side. I thought the Gobble may fly up and over to us when that coyote did that, but it didn't work out.

I know where one is on my place now. They are call shy, but I think I can slip in there and get close enough for a shot. I'll try him sometime this week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.