2010-2011 Gun Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck Everyone!

Official Team #10 Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

I need for you to pick a team captain.

Last edited by jrbsr; 11-17-2010 at 06:12 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

jrbsr, i'll be the team captain for the team.
the wisconsin gun season opens in 8 days!! i spotted a monster buck last night in one of our corn fields. hopefully he sticks around.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

season opens in 2 days here in wisconsin. i'm pumped and ready to kill a monster
Old 11-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best of luck. Hope you have better hunting than I. All I've been doing is feeding the yotes and ravens.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

well opening morning i didn't have any luck. i sat in the same spot all day and only seen 12 does and no bucks. it was a real slow morning. this morning i went to the same spot and got set up and around 7:30 a doe came walking through in front of me and at about 60 yards. i get my .338 rested on the tree i was leaning against and i get the crosshairs lined up on her chest. i squeezed the trigger and CLICK!! she looked up and tried to find the source of the noise but she couldn't see me. it was a dud bullet so i eased the bolt back and ejected that shell and put another one in as quietly as i could. i put the crosshairs on her chest again and BANG! the .338 roared and she tipped right over head over heels. i blew both lungs out and somehow nicked the top of the heart. i went back out this evening to the same spot just higher up on the hillside and i seen 5 does and a little nub buck. hopefully this week brings me a monster buck.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team #10 Thread-2010-gun-doe-2.jpg  
Old 11-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Typical Buck

Rifle season is over for me in MO. Didn't have any luck. Saw a ton of does and quite a few bucks, just nothing big enough to take. Here are a few pics I took with my phone of one buck that passed right under me. I snap pics with my phone all the time but they rarely turn out worth a crap. These are pretty cool though. Muzzleloader season is coming soon and at the very least I should be able to take a doe and put some points on the board for us.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well haven't been on for a while for been out in the woods working hard. With not much success. Tough hunting year up here this year. First no snow to start the season then two feet of the white stuff for the last week. This stopped the rut in it;s tracks. Most of the deoes headed for cover in the deep woods for the storm and the bucks followed. Most my stands farther in the woods but so thick there were were little good shot situation. Party hunted with a good buddy for this last week (in Manitoba once you have dropped your deer you can sign each other's licence and work off the one tag.) And luckily for me he scored a nice sized doe last day. Meat for me but coukdn't use it for contest for I didn't shoot it. Sorry guys. Hope you all have better luck than me this year and may all your hunts be safe. All my best.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

i might be done this year also. muzzleloader season opened yesterday and runs until next wednesday. i don't know if i'll be able to get out due to school and work. i'll try my hardest to get out before the gun seasons are over.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

Gun season if over for me and all I can contribute to the team score is a doe. I passed on several bucks, two were actually 8 pointers but weren't large enough to satisfy our QDM guidelines. I did manage to finish off a 4 pointer that we saw running wounded the day before but it wasn't in very good shape when I found it in it's bed and put it out of it's misery. Being gut shot, I decided not to tag the animal and left it in it's final resting place.

Well, back to some late season bow.