2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 16 - Rack Addicts

Old 09-29-2010, 02:42 AM
Fork Horn

Alright! You guys in WI have to shoot a doe before a buck correct? They are contemplating that here in IN. Our season starts on Friday and it's supposed to be about 40 degrees that morning, can't wait.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:00 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats W9!! It's always nice to fill the freezer, I'm getting low myself.. but it's getting close to season here.. I'm jealous of those of you who are already hunting, but my time will come soon enough.. Now tie for you to get that wall hanger..

Good Luck to everyone else that is lucky enough to be out hunting already!!
Old 09-29-2010, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was out last night and I seen 17. None of which were close enough to shoot at. If I would of sat in my other stand I would have been having some backstraps. Just before I got down last night I took a shot at a fox. I must have just missed him, right under his chest. I went out this morning and I seen 5. I saw my first buck this morning though. he wasn't a shooter but none the less he had bone on his head. Here are a couple pics of some bucks I had on the trail cam the last couple of days. One is a real nice 10 I haven't seen before and the other one is the buck I call The Off Limit 9. I will post them up when I get back in from hunting tonight. I will also be going out Thursday then not until the weekend. Good luck to everyone else.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BGHUNTER00
Alright! You guys in WI have to shoot a doe before a buck correct? They are contemplating that here in IN. Our season starts on Friday and it's supposed to be about 40 degrees that morning, can't wait.
Only in areas the DNR is trying to thin the herd such as the CWD zones. They threatened Earn a Buck in my area a couple of years ago and folks started harvesting too many does and now we're at a low cycle.

My doe has now made it's way into the fridge for a couple more days of aging. Looking forward to some backstraps this weekend while I'm back up hunting.

Hunt safe and have fun!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was out Wednesday night and seen quite a few but had nothing in range. Something came up and I didn't get to go out this morning. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go out this evening either, but I'm hoping to. If not I won't be able to go until Saturday evening. Here are those pics. I named him Brutus because of the size of his body. What do you guys think he would score?
Attached Thumbnails Team 16 - Rack Addicts-millers-9-29-10-186.jpg   Team 16 - Rack Addicts-millers-9-29-10-190.jpg   Team 16 - Rack Addicts-millers-9-29-10-194.jpg   Team 16 - Rack Addicts-millers-9-29-10-205.jpg   Team 16 - Rack Addicts-millers-9-29-10-229.jpg  

Last edited by ManofTheFall; 09-30-2010 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a pic of the other buck but we plan on passing on him this year.
Attached Thumbnails Team 16 - Rack Addicts-millers-9-29-10-793.jpg  
Old 09-30-2010, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
Was out Wednesday night and seen quite a few but had nothing in range. Something came up and I didn't get to go out this morning. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go out this evening either, but I'm hoping to. If not I won't be able to go until Saturday evening. Here are those pics. I named him Brutus because of the size of his body. What do you guys think he would score?

Hard to tell but I would have to say that he would be in the mid 150's. He is an awesome buck! It is cool that you have the bucks like that nine point that you can pass on. I couldn't pass on him. I don't have bucks in my area that are bigger than him. Good luck.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey fellas. Been out doe hunting in my zone in PA a couple of times. I've seen more bucks than does. Our archery opener is Saturday so hopefully I'll be able to put something together here soon. I'm also hoping to get back down to MD soon too.

Good luck all.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

Opening day is in the morning! Of course they are calling for 25 mph winds. If you guys shoot a doe post the pictures on our thread, nice to put a picture to a name.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Twin Towers is back. Actually I don't think he ever left. I have sat in the stand I hung for him 3 times now. To my left there is a deep creek bed. The banks on this creek are probably 6-7 feet high. Each of the three times I have sat in that stand I heard something in that creek around 7pm. The first two times I didn't see anything. So, this evening I was waiting and watching around 7pm. Sure enough I heard something again and there is a little opening about three feet wide I could see through. Sure enough there is Twin Towers ginormous rack passing by. I sat in the tree a little longer. I got down and walked out to my truck. I looked over to the field where I would see them come out of the trees at and there he was. He was crossing the field going to the beans. Bingo, gotcha. I have a new strategy for TwinTowers Saturday night. I just hope it works. By the way the only one that came by me tonight was a fawn. All the other action seemed to be over in the creek.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.