HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cut on Contact?
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 04:05 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Cut on Contact?

I've always used COC, except one season. But certainly not opposed to new ideas.
Chris:

I use what I use (Muzzy's) for one reason. When I look at what's making the way for the business side of those razors......I like what I see with them. Sure....if you're a perfect shot......and you can positively be assured of placing your broadhead tip between two ribs......or positively know you're not going to hit a shoulder.......then that sharp point is great.

If you're like me....and only wish you were that good....."I" like the fact that I've got the MASS (and I also use 125gr) to get through bone when I'm not perfect (and I was glad I had it, last year).

Would I have taken as many deer last year with a COC head? Maybe. I just look at it like this........

If I were going to try to bust through an animal's ribcage......what would I rather utilize?? If Ionly hit flesh......it's a moot point.

I'm also not trying to say thatCOC heads won't cut through bone. Not at all. I just look at the tools that are available to do the job.....and the chisel point I utilizeappears better suited for the job of going through bone. Also....like I said earlier.....my setup may be different from yours. My arrow's packing a pretty goodwallop.

Good luck.