Community

Contest Pictures

Old 10-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Contest Pictures

I know some seasons are starting up, or have been open so I am starting the official picture thread. Please post any pictures you guys have from this season only, and share a story or two along with the pictures. I look forward to seeing everyone's Successful hunts.
Happy hunting, and be safe.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tues Morning......Six Blue Wings and a Green Wing.......20 minutes

Then we drove about 5 miles down the road and bagged these guys

Ron
Old 10-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice shooting!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is from opening day(Sept8th)
Opening day for waterfowl here. We scouted a few places the last few days and decided on a wheat field we had permission to hunt on. As we had other things to do, we didn`t get to the edge of the field until 7PM. No decoys or calls, just hoping for some pass shooting. Well, it was all over by 8PM. We had our limits of 20 Canadas for four hunters. Aside from the horrendous swarms of skeeters we also had a a major lightning storm roll in plus a real downpour of rain. Nothing like standing on the edge of a field with a 12ga. lightning rod in your hand. Quitting time! Great dog work also. Not too shabby for an opening day. Those little dots in the pic are all skeeters

Ron
Old 10-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great pic's, I have no birds for a sunday hunt.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:58 AM
Spike

Saturday was opener for MN. I headed up north. We were hunting on a private swamp that my buddies uncle was leasing. There was another group on the north side. They were getting all the shots. It was chilly and misting. That day our group of five only got a hen mallard and a blue wing teal. The birds stopped flying around noon. We drove around to scout for the next mornings hunt and found a hay stubble field that had some water in it. It was loaded with ducks and geese. We talked with the land owner and got the rights to hunt it Sunday morning.

Sunday Morning - We set up with 6 geese decoys and 2 robo ducks. While it was dark out we decided to crouch at the edge of the water. Ducks were flying in less than 15 yards from where we were crouched. It was so much fun. After it got light out we moved back to a fence line and got some nice shots off as they came over us to get lined back up on our decoys. I shot 2 Hen Mallards and a Hen Northern Pintail. We ended getting: 1 Canada Goose, 2 Drake Mallards, 6 Hen Mallards, Hen Northern Pintail. The weather was a little warmer, it made it up to 51 and it was cloudy. It did not rain at all.

I will post pics when I get home from work. I have 3 pts. now!

Last edited by Thelen87; 10-07-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

thelen you had pretty good success for what other reports i heard around the state
Old 10-07-2009, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

Three of us got these, I just got one band mailer in the mail today, taken 3 miles from banded spot in CNY
Old 10-07-2009, 04:51 PM
Spike

Thats encouraging Shotty. Hopefully I find them again this coming weekend. Also, Got the pics uploaded..

I'm on the right side. On the left is my buddy chad.

Hen Pintail right?

Breasting out the kill
Old 10-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Five of these Canadas are mine for another limit.

Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.