HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Contest Pictures
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 06:58 AM
Thelen87
Spike

Saturday was opener for MN. I headed up north. We were hunting on a private swamp that my buddies uncle was leasing. There was another group on the north side. They were getting all the shots. It was chilly and misting. That day our group of five only got a hen mallard and a blue wing teal. The birds stopped flying around noon. We drove around to scout for the next mornings hunt and found a hay stubble field that had some water in it. It was loaded with ducks and geese. We talked with the land owner and got the rights to hunt it Sunday morning.

Sunday Morning - We set up with 6 geese decoys and 2 robo ducks. While it was dark out we decided to crouch at the edge of the water. Ducks were flying in less than 15 yards from where we were crouched. It was so much fun. After it got light out we moved back to a fence line and got some nice shots off as they came over us to get lined back up on our decoys. I shot 2 Hen Mallards and a Hen Northern Pintail. We ended getting: 1 Canada Goose, 2 Drake Mallards, 6 Hen Mallards, Hen Northern Pintail. The weather was a little warmer, it made it up to 51 and it was cloudy. It did not rain at all.

I will post pics when I get home from work. I have 3 pts. now!

Last edited by Thelen87; 10-07-2009 at 04:54 PM.