Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest
Team 21 "Bone Heads" Official Thread >

Team 21 "Bone Heads" Official Thread

Community
2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team 21 "Bone Heads" Official Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Spike

Hey guys, signing in here. My name is Patrick, 32 years old, hunting since I was 12. Lately I haven't had a lot of success, in the last 5 years I've become a trophy hunter. Moved to a new neighborhood 4 years ago, I've spent the last three years making friends and scouting the land. The rules in my development are "positively no deer hunting", i've learned that was to keep everyone other than the maintenance crew out of here. It's 2500 acres of very thick prime hunting land, and I've made friends with the maintenance guys who control who hunts here. Between treating them well, letting them borrow my stands, and tipping each of them 100 bucks at Christmas I've earned their permission to hunt here.

Many good spots, and some bucks spotted in the 130+ class. Good luck to all and hopefully we can fill some tags with some good scores.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

howdy patrick.. seems like u made some good friends then lol.. an bank its the opposite here.. we have scraps everywere an rubs everywere.. thats what makes hunting fun.. always differnt things happening everywere
Old 11-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Spike

Sounds awesome, Patrick. It's always great to get on the "inside" of a group like that. I look forward to exchanging tips and tactics with all of you. And I agree, Cody, they wouldn't call it hunting if it weren't for the difficulties.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Spike

whats goin on team? Josh (22) here from South Jersey. I have access to over 300 acres in one of the best areas to hunt in all of Jersey. This year has been one of my best so far. I've already killed a really big doe and my biggest deer to date, a very respectable 8. I noticed you were all saying what kind of muzzleloaders you're using so i figured i'd chirp in and let ya know im a TC guy. I've also been very successful the past four shotgun seasons. I hope we can all put some meat on the ground and get a shot at this contest. But most importantly...good luck to everyone this season and be safe. Go Team 21
Old 11-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

glad i found another TC guy on the team lol im jus kiddin guys. an i agree everybody have a safe season and be careful.. if u get up in a tree wear a stinkin safety harness. not tryin to sound like ur moma but im sure ur family would like to see ya again.. like i said not tryin to sound like our moma but sayin it from a teammate an friend point
Old 11-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Spike

hey what about a team name? any suggestions? im pretty good with graphics design so i could do the team picture or emblem or w/e its called
Old 11-09-2009, 03:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default Checking in, saying hello

Mike here. mbmrang as the screen name. Long story on the name, but basically it is boomerrang. I may not be seen for a while, but I will be back. This is my first year bowhunting and have missed a very nice 8 pointer. Since it was my first miss on a deer, I figure I have now gotten that out of the way. Just waiting for another to make the mistake of getting within range.

Our rifle season opens next weekend and I have good feelings about it. All kind of activity on the 550 acres I mainly hunt. I have about another 700 acres that I could hunt if someone else gets the 2 big ones we have lurking on this farm. I will be out a couple of evenings this week. Hopefully get one of them before the city boys show up for the rifle portion.

Knight is my muzzleloader of choice, since that is the only one I have and it was a gift, it has to be my choice. Our ML season does not open until mid december, and it is for unused rifle tags. Hopefully will not have to get it out of the safe this year.

Good luck all and I hope everyone has a successfull hunt.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Spike

Hey Mike, hey Josh, good to see our members are active. By the looks of it, we have a great team going here. Also, my muzzleloader is a Remington Genesis, it's not the most expensive gun in the world but I sure do love it. My rifle is a Marlin XL7 in .270 and a 111-year old .30-40 Krag that I need to break a curse on. I should be able to get that big boy down for us! I'm hoping the Bone Collector Buck Bomb and this rattle bag will help. I'm going to put a few mock scrapes on his rub line, too.

As for a team name, what do you guys think of "Deerbane" it's simple, sure, but it's catchy.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Spike

one shot wonders? bone heads?
Old 11-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Spike

Bone Heads sounds nice, I'd cast my vote for that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.