Community
2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team 13 Offical Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by RenaissanceBiker
I'm hunting in Bamberg, SC this weekend. I'm not going to pass up a doe.
Good luck this weekend, I'll be out with the grandson trying to take down a couple of does with the bow.

Don
Old 10-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Spike

Well I started my archery season off here in Iowa by hunting Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I let a bunch of good size does walk, waiting for a buck. Never did see one good enough to shoot, but its still early. I always give them the first weekend pass, but as of today, they are fair game.

What have we decided on a name and avatar? I vote for the Cardiac Arrest name. Whatever we decide on works for me on these things. We just need to get somethingpicked out, so we look as cool as the rest of the teams!

Good luck to everyone.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

haven't seen to many deer on the move, yet hopefully with this cold snap coming our way it'll help. Next weekend I'll be out doing a management hunt, antlerless and muzzle loader only.

Don
Old 10-13-2009, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

OK kids time to come up with a team name we have:

Cardiac Arrest
Cool Team Name
Smoked 'Em

Don
Old 10-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Spike

I vote Cardiac Arrest
Old 10-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Meansy you see any movement in your area? I hunt up by Little Souix/Pisquah and the archery area of DeSoto National Wildlife Refuge, there's still corn out so I haven't been seeing any deer moving. I was out for five hours yesterday doing some spot and stalk, didn't spook up a thing.

Don
Old 10-14-2009, 09:16 AM
Spike

Haven't seen much of anything. Had some real good movement opening weekend, but that all seemed to stop since then. They just took the corn out at my parents farm, which makes it harder for me to hunt right now. By the time i can get to my stands, its already 5:00, and the deer are out in the fields, not in the woods. I tried to stalk a few, but it's just too open, and they aren't headin past my stands till after dark. Did have a pretty decent 8 pointer bedded under my stand last night, but he spooked when i got within 100 yards. I didn't even know he was there till it was too late. Early muzzy starts this weekend, so i should have a chance to bag at least something. It's been pretty frustrating so far, because I usually have at least a couple does on the ground by now. Oh well, it's still huntin and i love every minute of it!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Beats working that's for sure, ha ha
I'll be out at DeSoto doing an antlerless muzzy hunt this weekend so I hope to get a couple does on the ground.

Don
Old 10-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

Well boys and girls we're on the board.
Got a doe this weekend, went out Saturday and sat all day didn't see anything untill around 5:30pm then they started moving around. This little gal almost ran me over coming out of the woods, she stopped 30 yards out and turned to see what she just passed. I must have flinched when I shot cause she bolted for the standing corn with her left front leg limp. There was a guy in a box blind still hunting so I couldn't go in after her, had to wait till Sunday. Tell ya I didn't sleep much thinking about the shot placement and whether or not I'd be able to find her.
Went back Sunday and after the guy in the box blind took it down and left I went to the spot I remember her going in to start searching for her. After 10 minutes of going up and down rows I came up behind her, she was only moving her head around so I was able to put her down. After I got her out of the corn I saw where my shot from the night before had broken her front leg. Glad I found her and she didn't have to suffer any longer than she already had.
Hopefully when late muzzy season gets here I'll remember this lesson and make a better shot on the next one. Now it's on to my archery buck until the December management hunt and it'll be a muzzy buck.

Don
Old 10-20-2009, 04:49 AM
Spike

Good job dman, at least you found her, which is always a plus.
I got three more does to add to the total, just got to get the pics off the camera. I shot one each sat., sun., and last night, so hopefully I can get them posted fairly soon. All i have left is my buck tag, which i hope to fill before next sunday. Looks like its going to get awefull warm around here though. DOn't know how well the deer will be moving. Again, congrats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.