HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 13 Offical Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 08:32 AM
dman4505
Fork Horn

Well boys and girls we're on the board.
Got a doe this weekend, went out Saturday and sat all day didn't see anything untill around 5:30pm then they started moving around. This little gal almost ran me over coming out of the woods, she stopped 30 yards out and turned to see what she just passed. I must have flinched when I shot cause she bolted for the standing corn with her left front leg limp. There was a guy in a box blind still hunting so I couldn't go in after her, had to wait till Sunday. Tell ya I didn't sleep much thinking about the shot placement and whether or not I'd be able to find her.
Went back Sunday and after the guy in the box blind took it down and left I went to the spot I remember her going in to start searching for her. After 10 minutes of going up and down rows I came up behind her, she was only moving her head around so I was able to put her down. After I got her out of the corn I saw where my shot from the night before had broken her front leg. Glad I found her and she didn't have to suffer any longer than she already had.
Hopefully when late muzzy season gets here I'll remember this lesson and make a better shot on the next one. Now it's on to my archery buck until the December management hunt and it'll be a muzzy buck.

Don