Community
2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team 17- Horn-e-Hunters

Old 09-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

Hoefully one of these days before I get to old I will be able to go on a elk hunt out west. Just one of many things to do on my wish list. If it never happens I will go to the happy hunting grounds with a life full of enjoyable hunts from here in gods country, IOWA. Big old bucks and fat turkey's, it is good here.

Well gents do we have enough votes to put a name to the winning team?
Old 09-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey 130 looking at your elk story and pics really makes me wanna get back out to colorado. Glenwood springs is a nice area. The first year i went out to colorado i hunted in that area near rifle and the other times have been up by steamboat springs. I liked it down my rifle but like the terrain and area more up near Steamboat. Colorado is an awesome place though
Old 09-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default What a evening.

Well me and the wife decided to go out tonite and do some scouting in our hunting area, seen a 145-150 class 8pt. A pretty decent buck. Then the fun began, on the way home the wife got a upset stomach and I had to pull over so she could thow-up, I told her not to eat that icecream on the way over to scout. This was about 3 miles from where we saw the buck. Got that all taken care of and started down the road for home and about 4 miles later a big old doe decided to kiss the bumper on my work truck. No damage that I could see tonite but will have to look in the morning. Could not find the deer either. She kissed it with her butt so I think she will just be sore for awhile.
I sure am glad to be home now.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kenny hope your wife feels better. I pulled up behind a guy tonight that just hit a deer it went through his windsheild and was still alive when I got there. I was coming home from deer hunting so I was going to cut his throat but he got up and stood in the ditch so I grab my bow and try an settle the pin but he took off again. Then the cops got there and we couldn't find him.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

She will be alright, the icecream just did not set well with her on the bumpy roads while scouting.
Thanks
Old 09-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

I will give deerslayer223 a few more days to check-in and then request a replacement for him. He has been sent three pm's and no response, He has logged in on the site several times since the teams have been posted.

I will post our name tonite if I do not hear from some others for a team name.
Thanks, Kenny
Old 10-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default Name changed

Finally figured out how to change our team name, we are now known as team 17 Horn-e-Hunters.

We are waiting on a replacement for our missing member, I'm sure we will know soon who has been placed with us on this winning team.
Bow season opened today in Iowa, gun season is not until Dec. for Iowa, Mo. opens in Nov. during the rut. I hope that I am cone hunting with my bow so I can go down to Mo.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have to wait until november 21st until i can take the rifle out but i'm going out bow hunting this weekend
Old 10-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Went out bow hunting last weekend. We saw around 30 some small bucks and 3 large ones in the food plot by my stand. Things are looking good. I won't be bow hunting until Oct. 14,15,16, and 17th. After that gun opens on the 7th of Nov.
good luck to all!!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

i went out bowhunting this weekend and seen 3 does all day saturday then yesterday i had 3 does walk under my stand and they went towards my cousin, he was 100 yards away in a different stand.all of the sudden the 2 other does come flying past my stand. then i got a text around 9 that said he shot a doe. so i went over congratulated him and we found the deer. when he said the deer stepped forward and he hit right in the rear end but it made a circle and fell 50 yards from his stand. he was using rage broadheads. they really kill deer no matter where you hit them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.