Community
2009-2010 Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck to Everyone This Hunting Season!

Team 17- Horn-e-Hunters

Old 09-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck Dan, have fun and be safe. take lots of pictures to share with us.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

season starts tomorrow here in wisconsin but i wont be going out. it'll be 80 degrees and i dont want to sit in the stand and sweat so i have to do hay tomorrow
Old 09-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

So Here I am Checking in! Feels funny as I am already on my last hind quarter from my 8 point in full velvet from 2 months ago....I guess truck hits dont count...lol. He may have gone on to produce a few more points and some stickers, but when he hit the tire he broke off the tip and 2 knobs on right side. Good eating , and a good sign of whats to come since he was leaving the bean field I will be setting in stands around. Already seen a 10 pt that has a bullseye on him and several 8's. The ag fields have plumped up the deer in my area, just cant wait to take one legally!

Last edited by Hoyt_Viper; 09-14-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Fork Horn

Wis. I know what you mean, hunting in the heat with sweat running down all over your body is not what I want while deer hunting. Down in the 30's at night for me. Nothing over 50 in the say.

Jeff, I have been out of deer meat for a few months, but I will wait until I stick one with my bow. You didn't tear your auto up to bad did you.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

i had a buddy who went out yesterday when it was 80 degrees and he was sitting in a blind. he said he about died from the heat. he said he did see 4 does around 7 a.m but none were worth shooting with his bow
Old 09-13-2009, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wis_rifle_hunter
i had a buddy who went out yesterday when it was 80 degrees and he was sitting in a blind. he said he about died from the heat. he said he did see 4 does around 7 a.m but none were worth shooting with his bow
I sat in a blind yesterday too...but it was in the shade so it wasn't too bad at all! Saw ma with two fawns at about 5:15 and then a bachelor group about 150 out with a couple 2 1/2 yr olds and another I couldn't make out because of the dark. Not a bad start!
Old 09-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Still got a very long time before I do any hunting with the gun- the weekend before thanksgiving ill be hunting NY
Old 09-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

Default Name - Team captian

With only one left to check-in we might as well go ahead and pick a team captian and decide on a name for this team.
Whats your ideas for a name?
Who wants or how do we decide on a captian?
Old 09-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wish november would hurry up and get here so i can take the rifle out. im going out bowhunting this weekend but i have to come in early because of homecoming. it blows!!!!!! when i have to come in is when all the deer start moving
Old 09-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Team names ?????

Have you been thinking about a name yet?
Here are a few that I have come up with.
We don't have to use any of these, unless you like one.

1. Lead Launchers
2. Buck Busters
3. Horn-e- Hunters

What do you guys think?
Your input is needed, and some big scores.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.