Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Death From Above Thread (4) >

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)

Old 09-17-2009, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

They are crushing the acorns right now. Scouted an oak flat the other day and there was plenty of sign from them feeding in there. I'll be putting a stand up overlooking the oaks this weekend.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

mauser06 (Devin) checkin in!!!

thanx for having me!!

i didnt know if i would be able to hunt or not this season as im working a seasonal job in NC....

just found out a couple weeks ago that sept 30th ends my season so i'll be headin home....season opens oct 3rd..but i dont know that i'll be hunting the opener..i didnt bring my bow with me down here so i havent shot since last season expecting not to be able to hunt this season...but i'll be in the stand ASAP!!! im planning on dragging my feet about getting another job as long as possible so i can just kick back and get back to my life at home and do some hunting...

ive only been bowhunting a few years and killed 1 young buck my 2nd year...i cant promise success or anything huge...but never know what might walk by...

i'll do some reading and try to catch up with the team thread later...
Old 09-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just checked one of my trail cams. I dumped out a pile of corn with some crushed acorn rage and lucky buck mixed in with it. One day, it was totally gone. Several does and fawns were killon it but the encouraging thing is there were 2 nice 9 points also chowing it down in shooting light. Between 7 and 7:30 pm. Only 8 and 1/2 days until opening morning.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx for the welcomes guys!!!

im from western Pennsylvania...

im 22 and just graduated college this spring...been bow hunting....3 seasons i think?? ya..this will be the 4th...killed 1 small buck with the bow so far...its not due to a lack of trying....just learning and really dont have great hunting grounds...i make due...and COULD kill a nice one or even a biggun...but never know...

i am currently in NC working seasonal work that is ending at the end of the month...i'll be home 2 days before the season starts...going to have to sit out atleast the opening day...we'll see how long it takes me to settle back in at home (been gone since May 2nd) and get the bow and myself good n tuned....

im hoping to drag my feet through the season on getting another job...but we'll see what life throws at me...cant promise a whole lot...but i hunt nearly every chance i possibly get...even if im juggling college and work i still managed to hunt a fair bit that season...

i do got other things goin on in life...the bow season is when alot of our coon hunting competitions are and i am a hound runner so that might eat a friday or saturday here n there...but i usually still hunt the mornings before the hunts..also working on a new girl in my life that is up home waitin on me...but she knows i hunt(she actually rifle hunts) and wont give me a ton of crap about it...but i do got a weekend trip or 2 planned for us when i get home...trying not to let anything eat up the seeking/chasing phase of the season....so im trying to score points with her and at the coon hunts before then! lol....

anything ya'll wanna know or hear about just ask...ask most anyone thats been here for a while....im a talker! lol..

PS...only have the internet thur, fri and sat this week and next...then i'll be heading home the 1st and will likely be busy for a couple days...but i'll read and post as much as possible...thats what this is all about IMO...

doesnt matter who kills what or who winds or looses...i love the commrodity...talking to 9 fellow bowhunters and swapping stories and pics and giving and receiving advice and tips and tricks etc...if we dont do that...well...were the losing team...the past 3 years i had a great time chatting with "the team"...i expect to do the same this year...and see ya'll chatted it up big already! just what i like to see!! though this year is the first im not in college and living on a computer..so i may not get to be as active as usual...
Old 09-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will post a couple pics of those 9 pointers I got on the cam. I'm not sure I would shoot either one of these bucks. Although the picture quality isn't the greatest so it is kind of hard to tell actually how big they are.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

After much debate I have determined the 2 nine points I thought I saw were the same deer. Let me know what you guys think.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)-019.jpg   Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)-025.jpg  
Old 09-18-2009, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Also, I think I might take him given a chance. What do you think he would score?
Old 09-18-2009, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks to be definetly in the 130's. It's hard to tell how his mass is, but he has good 2's and 3's. It would be hard passing that one...

Devin, now I remember.... your the long winded one.. LOL Great to have ya aboard!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Fork Horn

yeah i definatly think them are the same deer. and i would also probably t ake a shot if he presented one
Old 09-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

i say he is 125 and 3 1/2 years and it same deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.