Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Total Rackage Thread (23) >

Official Team The Total Rackage Thread (23)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Total Rackage Thread (23)

Old 12-01-2009, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

I have been seeing lots of does and small bucks but nothing that I wanted to shoot. The 2nd rut is now over and hopefully they will get back on feeding patterns pretty quick.

-john

P.S. And a late happy Thanksgiving to you to.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody still hunting? This thread has been pretty quiet...
Old 12-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am still hunting every now and again...but doing more stand hunting. Pun intended...sorry so lame.

I have been going out still, but time has not be as available with the holidays and everything else with the year winding down. Should have a pretty heavy next three weeks though, and hopefully my time for the big boy will come! I would like to get a couple more at least anyway for the meat. I have killed 4 so far, but only does with my bow. Killed a somewhat deformed 5 point that had a brow tine broken off with my rifle. Had a huge body and was pushing others around, but rack was small and one side especially was deformed. Figured it well to take him out. He tastes delicious!
Old 12-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

killed a 125 inch 9 point with my muzzleloader. He came in dragging his back leg so I went ahead and took him. Passed on several bigger with my bow. Still a little time left and had several close calls on a 180 incher. Hopefully I will get lucky with him!
Old 12-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Hey guys, I have a buck down. It's a long bummer story but he's been found and tagged and I'll post some pictures.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Pictures..

Old 12-23-2009, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Christine! Congrats!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:08 AM
Typical Buck

Well folks all I can say is sorry....This is my 4th year in the contest and the only time I did not nail one. I cam eback to check out score if we had been close to winning I could still shot a spike, but it looks like we are out of the running so I guess there is always next year.

Congrats Christine on a great deer.

-john
Old 01-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I suppose "sorry" is my statement as well. The only good buck I got a shot at was a big 8 that I shot over from 38 yards. Patience for my learning curve, I suppose would be my request. This is my first year hunting with sticks and strings.