Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Total Rackage Thread (23) >

Official Team The Total Rackage Thread (23)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Total Rackage Thread (23)

Old 10-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys. Good luck to the rest of you!! The deer are really starting to move around here, a buddy of mine actually watched a buck breed a doe tuesday night.

Ray i hope you get a chance at that big boy, sounds like a hog.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely good luck on getting a monster, Ray! I have been out several time recently. The only times I am seeing deer are on the way out in the mornings and on the way in on afternoon hunts. Even been going in earlier in the afternoons. Seems the earlier I go in, the earlier they move. This too, shall pass. Seen a few good shooters, just not while in stand. Whether it has horns or not, it is time for me to put one down...need some venison!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, this afternoon I am going to head out to a new property that I just got permission to hunt. No one has hunted it in 3 years and there have already been 3 nice 8's seen there this year. Behind a member at church's house. 25 acres of woods with a 5 acre field that comes down to their garden/house. They actually asked me to come hunt it because the bucks are starting to rub up some of their hydrangea bushes! I'm pretty pumped about the new scenery.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Bible Man! Looking forward to hearing about how you did on the new property!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a great property Bible Man.
I didn't score in Brown County. I did draw on, and settled my pin on 2.5 year old buck that was at 12 yards but I gave him a pass. It's still early enough that I think I can find a bigger one. (hope... hope... hope..)

I saw a nice buck with a drop tine get rolled by a truck in front of me on the way back from Bloomington tonight. That was a 6:30 pm. They're still moving late but they are moving.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was out yesterday afternoon...saw two does and a 7 point but they were across the field from me at 190 yards. Strolled back into the woods where they came from. Going back this afternoon and plan on climbing closer to where they came out. Should be a good day...at least that is what I am banking on.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hit the woods today about 1:30. Starting at about 3:00 it was like a doe parade. I must have seen about 10 of them and passed on some nice clean shots including a 10 yard shot at a pretty nice one. I was really trying to restrain myself waiting on a nice buck, but then this big spike started working his way towards my stand. He had a pretty big body, and I guess instinct just kicked in. He came right in and gave me a close broadside shot and I took him. He went about 30 yards and piled up in sight. I know, I need to chill and wait on the big boys. Oh well, I still have some tags left... How's everyone else doing?
Old 11-10-2009, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was able to get a good doe this past Friday evening...more info in the bowhunting forum. Will probably take my smoke pole out a few times in the coming days, but my bowhunting days for the season are by no means over! Planning on getting out this afternoon again if it works out, as well as in the morning.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

How's the hunting everyone? I haven't been out in a while. Too much stuff going on. I'm hoping to get out some after Thanksgiving though. Anybody been out lately?
Old 11-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.