Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 ) >

Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 )

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Scentless Assasins Thread ( 32 )

Old 08-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RTA47
Jeramy: Welcome to team 32, hope your vacation went well.
Tell us a little about your self and and when your season starts.
Vacation went very well thanks for asking.

I'm turning 35 tomorrow, married with 2 boys ages 5 and 2. Been hunting since I was 12 but didn't start archery hunting until around 16 or 17. Work for a local medical center doing network system administration.

I hunt the suburbs of Pittsburgh as well as some surrounding counties. I have an early antlerless season starting Sept. 19th through Oct. 2nd. Then our regular archery season starts Oct. 3rd through Nov. 14th. Also have an extended archery season from Dec. 26th through Jan 9th.

I also have the option to archery hunt during our gun season which is Nov 30 through Dec. 12th.

Good luck everyone!

-jeramy
Old 08-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

good news that i forgot too tell u guys that if i fill my single buck tag in ohio early enough in the season i can get an indiana tag cause my brother has 40 acres of good land out there that i can hunt im only 20 min from the indiana line
Old 08-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Man I'd like to see you stick one of them early Tim, good luck
Old 08-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

my season opens 2 weeks from today...man i cant wait
Old 08-30-2009, 04:51 AM
Typical Buck

Looking like we have a solid team guys. Cna't wait to go hit the woods, think im gonna go scout some public fields about 45 minutes away from me that i will be hunting september 12th. Usually see some good bucks there every year but a lot of guys end up riding around there and some hunting. With the crossbow being legal in NJ this year im sure there will be more morons in the woods than ever, but oh well what are you gonna do.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by RTA47
Matt: correct me if i`m wrong but i think your season starts sept-4

Sorry, but I do have to correct you.

Season starts for my county on the Sept. 15th .But I'm going down to the lowcountry on Labor day weekend where season has been in since Aug. 15th. Friend of mine is a member on a trophy managed property and is taking me as a guest. Good success rate for me there.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

New avatar is approved ( by me ) and changed to reflect pride in team colors!!!

Good work RTA!! I liked yours too Mossberg (Jake), but Captain gets my vote (don't want to make the guy in charge mad, you know )

Good luck on getting that early tag filled Jake. We shore would like to see a whopper on the scorecard with Team 32 to thank for it.

Out of curiousity, do any of my fellow team members use Scentblocker or another type of carbon suit? Since we are the Scentless Assasins, I thought that maybe one or two of us spend ridiculous amounts of money on these clothes. I do, just don't tell the wife what they really cost.

Last edited by mcraddock; 08-30-2009 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have normal clothing in terms of scent but i dip them in a carbon solution
Old 08-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

I use scent blocker clothing. I have only been winded once in the 2 seasons ive had mine and ive had many deer aproach me from downwind. Might jsut be some luck but i think ill stick with it =)
Old 08-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bowman4440, I spent 10 years in NJ before retiring. My company moved there. As soon as it was announced I could retire early to cut personal I was gone from the state in 30 days. Never hunted there, always went back to my home state of Md every weekend and the 1st two weeks in Nov. I lived in Camden Co right at the beginning of the Atlantic City Expy. Where are you hunting and where in the state do you live?
And for the Scent Blocker clothing, never touch it, don't need it. I practice good common sense about scent and hunting. Besides it cost too much and I have my doughts about it's effectiveness.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.