Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Lights Out Thread (36) >

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

Old 11-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't seen a deer in the last 4 outings. They are tearing up my turnip plot, but only after dark. Temps have been mid 70s for several days. Hopefully it will cool off soon. I have 4 days before firearms season opens.

Congrats Jag.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

Got him posted on score thread he only goes 106 5/8 with the broken G-3 were still in the game team, lets get after it
Old 11-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

How are things going Gents? Any good buck sightings etc? I have not seen a good buck in 3 weeks. I am hopeful they will start moving soon. Depending on how this tropical storm makes it's way up the east coast in the next two days, I am not sure I will make it out.

Dave
Old 11-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer jag but are you sure you measured correctly?? He just looks like he scores a bit better than that which is the main reason I don't like to score them. It allows me to guess high.

I am hunting my ARSE off big time. Up at 3:30 most mornings and in a tree by five. I am just not seeing squat this year even from my "best" stands. Six plus hours in the tree and NOT one deer sighted. Hard to keep motivated but I will be back out there tommorow. It was 55 degrees this morning which just don't seem right for my favorite week of the year. The next deer I see will be getting the shaft. Just as long as I can get four H measurements off a spike.

This stuff can be tougher than work and I'm getting flustered!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

Oh wait, I was looking at my journal and realized I saw a spike last Friday morning. It was iffy whether he was a shooter or not, I guestimated him at 7, 3 inch spikes and 1/2 bases.....lol....just kidding.

Dave

Last edited by SouthernMDArcherer; 11-10-2009 at 01:15 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Planter
Nice deer jag but are you sure you measured correctly?? He just looks like he scores a bit better than that which is the main reason I don't like to score them. It allows me to guess high.

I am hunting my ARSE off big time. Up at 3:30 most mornings and in a tree by five. I am just not seeing squat this year even from my "best" stands. Six plus hours in the tree and NOT one deer sighted. Hard to keep motivated but I will be back out there tommorow. It was 55 degrees this morning which just don't seem right for my favorite week of the year. The next deer I see will be getting the shaft. Just as long as I can get four H measurements off a spike.

This stuff can be tougher than work and I'm getting flustered!!!
Good things come to those who wait. Hang in there it will happen
Old 11-12-2009, 12:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

4:07 AM.. I'm holding off just a bit because I may be getting set up TO early in my trees. The winds blowing NNE @ 17 mph which sure is a bit more than I like. I opened the deck slider and the big wind chimes were ringing loud and I could even hear the river bouy a mile plus away. I'm a sound hunter rather than a sight hunter and every leave bouncing along is gonna sound like a deer and I won't even hear one if it comes in.

I'm gonna run a long scent line in with James Valley leathal weapon which has worked well for me over the years. I just like to dip a stick in the gel and touch it to branches five feet off the ground here and there for the last 150 yards in. It should carry well in this wind.

Well boys thats my story this AM. I'm getting slammed this year like I haven't in years. I'm a good clean hunter who lays out a plan and works the wind. My clothes are scent free. I'm freshly scent soap showered every time and then put coveralls on when I get out of the truck. I'm even taking the crossbow when the back is bad and I still can't get a deer within 30 yards.

Funny thing is were in the best two weeks of the year right now and I seem to have the time but NOT the patience.

PS.. And no dammit I'm not bitter....jk
Old 11-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Planter, sounds like your season is going about the same as mine. All we can do is keep trying brother. Rain and wind all day yesterday. Got up at 4 am today and it is even blowing harder and raining harder than yesterday. Looks like today will be a washout for me. I hope this front passes through by tonight so I can hit the woods tomm.

Goodluck Gents,

Dave
Old 11-13-2009, 01:06 AM
Fork Horn

Well, woke to a forecast of on and off rains. Not raining now but the wind is howling. Maybe this afternoon it will calm down enough for me to hit the woods.

Dave
Old 11-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

They haven't counted your deer jag?? Looks like it should have been tallied by now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.