Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Lights Out Thread (36) >

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)

Old 08-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Here are the one's I'm after, come on Sept. 5th

Old 08-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Very nice jjones! Those are some great trophies. It is nice to see them posing in the daylight and just not after dark. Archery opens 9/5 in Kentucky? Seasons seem to be getting longer and longer. I was looking at Arkansas last week and the season there is 10/1-2/28. Furthermore, non-resident tags were pretty nice- entire season was $300 and included 4 deer, 4 turkey and a bear. I'm thinking I may try to put a group hunt together for next season.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:13 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by firemedic_79
60% checked in.

Downing-Where are you at in central MI? I used to live in Flushing (suburb of Flint) and still have a half-brother there. His side of the family has a farm in Remus that he hunts. I am considering going up in late October if his schedule allows him to get away.
I'm in Clinton County, a little west of St. Johns. I'm familiar with Remus as my northern property is at the family farm in Mt. Pleasant. Not exactly "northern" in Michigan standards but north of home for me. Let me know if you get to make a trip up there!
Old 08-20-2009, 04:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lordy JJ!! That's a Pile-O-Meat hanging around in front of your Cam. I would sell my kids to see that many deer of that caliber in 10 seasons never mind one. Stick one for the team bud and see you guys in the woods.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by DowningAir
I'm in Clinton County, a little west of St. Johns. I'm familiar with Remus as my northern property is at the family farm in Mt. Pleasant. Not exactly "northern" in Michigan standards but north of home for me. Let me know if you get to make a trip up there!
Wow! Small world...your only about an hour away on M-21. Actually, I was there last Thursday and Friday to get a pop-up camper. When I was a kid my dad used to hunt around Owosso and Grand Rapids.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

Anyone have any ideas for a team name?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by firemedic_79
Wow! Small world...your only about an hour away on M-21. Actually, I was there last Thursday and Friday to get a pop-up camper. When I was a kid my dad used to hunt around Owosso and Grand Rapids.
No kidding! Yup, 21 east coast to west coast and you'll run right into St. Johns. If your ever gonna be around the area let me know.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Leave me right out of the team name discussion!!! I actually thing we came in forth last year but after 30 plus years of deer hunting I was on the "ruttin rookies". Talk about a contridiction.. Not only don't I do much rutting any more I'm sure not a rookie. I am looking forward to changing my avatar and see no reason why we can't be the ones to knock the Dark Horses down

I do live in a state with a less than 10% bowhunter success rate but I've shot and entered deer in the contest for the last couple of seasons and I shot bigger deer that just were not my first of the year. I used to kill them in the berkshires but now all my deer fall within 20 miles of Boston.

I DID pass on deer last season but I became weak and settled for a young deer. I'm not sorry at all but this year I hope to arrow a neat piebald doe I've been watching grow older as wiser as well as a giant 6 pt with the tallest rack I've ever seen. I would even be happy with a decent smallish 8 pt I truly let walk last year. I even counted coup on him by drawing my bow and settling a pin.

I'm pumped and could be in the woods tommorrow but I have months to wait.

Rock on guys and I sure hope everyone shows up and let's be an active team.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jjones, great bucks on those trail cameras! Very impressive deer, especially that tall tined hammer.

10 days till I start hunting here.

Team Names.. leave that up to all you young guys, I've been doing this contest since 04 .. We won it in 05..and I made some great friends from that team, some of those guys and I still travel across the country and hunt together these days. Should be a lot of fun fellas, best of luck to everyone!
Old 08-22-2009, 07:56 AM
Typical Buck

This is jag-mag checking in. Had some problems with the puter had IT cleaned up, good to go know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.