HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Lights Out Thread (36)
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Planter
Nontypical Buck

Leave me right out of the team name discussion!!! I actually thing we came in forth last year but after 30 plus years of deer hunting I was on the "ruttin rookies". Talk about a contridiction.. Not only don't I do much rutting any more I'm sure not a rookie. I am looking forward to changing my avatar and see no reason why we can't be the ones to knock the Dark Horses down

I do live in a state with a less than 10% bowhunter success rate but I've shot and entered deer in the contest for the last couple of seasons and I shot bigger deer that just were not my first of the year. I used to kill them in the berkshires but now all my deer fall within 20 miles of Boston.

I DID pass on deer last season but I became weak and settled for a young deer. I'm not sorry at all but this year I hope to arrow a neat piebald doe I've been watching grow older as wiser as well as a giant 6 pt with the tallest rack I've ever seen. I would even be happy with a decent smallish 8 pt I truly let walk last year. I even counted coup on him by drawing my bow and settling a pin.

I'm pumped and could be in the woods tommorrow but I have months to wait.

Rock on guys and I sure hope everyone shows up and let's be an active team.