HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team X Factor Thread (10) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/300948-official-team-x-factor-thread-10-a.html)

HuntingEd 08-18-2009 06:23 PM

Official Team X Factor Thread (10)

Welcome to Team X Factor!

Current scores:

turkish621
ILL BUCK............................150 5/8
fshafly2
HuntingEd
dmen
MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER
hammerman
hoosierhunter43
crenth
WV Hunter

Total: 150 5/8"
As of 11/02 we are in 9th place!

HuntingEd 08-18-2009 06:36 PM

Hey all, as you check in post any info you want, also tease us w/ some good trail cam pics:

Obviously, my name is Ed. I just turned 26 and I'm an engineer, I'm married w/ one daughter and another daughter due in Jan! We're excited!!! I do most of my hunting in MD, but usually spend a week or two in VA, actually last season my contest entry was shot in VA.

I'll post some trail cam pics later this week, right now the biggest I have on camera is about a 110-115" 9 pt. Probably not a shooter, unless I could get him in full velvet.... But I know there are bigger ones out there, just havent had my cam up long yet.

Ten is a nice number, we outta be able to come up w/ some good names, heres a few off the top of my head:

Perfect 10
Team Big Ten
Ten White Horses
The Dark Hosses :happy0157:

Anyway throw a bunch out there and we'll vote on some...

WesternMdHardwoods 08-18-2009 07:19 PM

WesternMd checkin in errrr wait somethings wrong....?? Hah

Gd Luck this year Ed I hope the contest jinx dont come back to haunt you....hahahahaha....or do I???

Its a shame Team Buck Luck aint rollin again, but hey I guess my new team will have to win it this year!!!

hammerman 08-18-2009 07:37 PM

hammerman is here! My name is Jonathan, I'll be hunting in Ogle county illinois. Good luck to everyone!!

WV Hunter 08-18-2009 08:01 PM

WV Hunter checking in! Back with more soon....

TJF 08-18-2009 08:09 PM

Mike

Good luck to you and the family hunting this year. Last year you guys had a great year... I hope it goes good again this year.

Tim

MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER 08-18-2009 09:28 PM

Hi i'm Chris
43 yoa in NW PA Erie and Crawford Counties

i'm ready to rock doc

can't wait til the season opens up here in PA on Oct 03

I have about 8 00 arce that i hunt on / 500 of it i'm the only one that bow hunts on it.

i scored on a 110 in buck last year on Oct 31st
there are bigger deer on the farms hopefully one walks by and i can hold it together long enough to send a arrow through the boiler room.

if i dont score in Pa, i have a trip planned for Ohio 2nd week of Nov with an offiter 125 min score their
they have some big Bucks there i'll keep my fingerrs crossed if you do

Good luck everyone

ILL BUCK 08-18-2009 10:03 PM

ILL BUCK checkin in. Im hoping to get a bigger buck than I entered in last years contest!

Heres a pic of that little boy!!

MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER 08-18-2009 10:11 PM

hey ill buck

he score around 145 or bigger

nice buck

keep up the good work:rock:

dmen 08-19-2009 01:45 AM

dmen checking in, i will be hunting in maine and have a trip to illinois in nov

crenth 08-19-2009 03:04 AM

crenth checking in....Hunting in Southern Illinois.....Clinton & Washington County and maybe some public parks too

I'm 24 and will be getting married on October 3rd so my first hunt will be October 13th, the day after I get back from my honeymoon. I'm also getting ready to start building a house. It's my first year in this so I'm pretty excited.

HuntingEd 08-19-2009 12:37 PM

Hey guys, I've updated the list so far, any thoughts for names?

FSH started another thread, I'll ask either him or Rob to delete it....

fshafly2 08-19-2009 12:55 PM

Hey Ed - I tried to delete my "10" thread - anyway I edited it to noise and will get Rob to finish it.

I am in So MD and have some good prospects this year (which didn't help me last year).

Good luck everyone!

-fsh

WV Hunter 08-19-2009 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by TJF (Post 3412118)
Mike

Good luck to you and the family hunting this year. Last year you guys had a great year... I hope it goes good again this year.

Tim

Thanks Tim....good luck to you guys as well! Mabye one of these years we'll get on the same team! :biggrin:

Hey guys....regarding a name, I do kinda like "The Perfect 10".... maybe its the deer we're gonna get...maybe its us! :rock:Good suggestion Ed!

I'll be hunting in both WV and VA this year as usual. We don't have too many big bucks where I hunt. We have alot of deer and a good one is in the 100" -110" range, and sometimes you bump into one a little bigger. I was after one last year around 115"....saw him the last day of early archery right at dark (too far for a shot). Never saw him again until the very last day of the season in Jan. He came right in around 4pm....and stood there at 25yds for 15 minutes. I could have whacked him a hundred times - but he had shed both horns already. :(

At least I know he made it through the season. If he avoided the roadhunters and cars, hopefully I'll get a chance at him. He traveled the exact same trail both times I saw him....and I have a stand waiting :biggrin:

I haven't had much time to scout this year yet. My son is 11 and very into sports...it consumes alot of our time. We just finished all star travel baseball 2 weeks ago, and this week football started. I did get him a new bow (Diamond Razor Edge) and so we are gonna try to get him bowhunting this year hopefully. Looking forward to a good season hopefully....and I pray I can connect with a nice buck this year with my bow. I won't shoot a small one, so most of the time I end up just getting does. Hopefully this year things are gonna change! :biggrin:

Good luck everyone....looks like we have a decent team shaping up - I know alot of you by name from over the years, lets have a good showing!

God Bless

Mike

hoosierhunter43 08-20-2009 09:20 AM

Hey guys just checking in sorry it took awhile before I got checked in. My name is William and I live and hunt in Indiana. I am 28 years old married and have 2 daughters and a 3 child on the way. I have not been on the site for awhile but was in the first contest on the winning team. That year I shot a pretty nice one scored 138 and 3/8 and it was a perfect ten point. I am an Indiana State Trooper by trade so sometimes I don't get to get on the computer as much as I would like but I am excited to get to know the rest of you and looking forward to a great season. I also shot a pretty nice one last year scored 125 and was a pretty nice 8 point. I will be on just about everyday to check in good luck to all this season.

William

crenth 08-20-2009 02:01 PM

How about:

The Chosen 10
The Dime Squad
Team Dime Time
The Enligh"Ten"ed Bunch
The "Ten"acious Gang (Batch, Pack, Guild)
The Tenth Degree
The Tenth Dimension

fshafly2 08-20-2009 02:44 PM

Good suggestions crenth.
The Dime Squad works for me. I also like Perfect 10.

How about "The 10'ers" just so I can say I tried to contribute, lol...

-fsh

HuntingEd 08-20-2009 03:50 PM

Glad to see almost all checked in!

mahoningbuck 08-20-2009 04:56 PM

Wow you guys check in fast! Ed, good luck this year since we gave it a good one last year!

crenth 08-20-2009 07:25 PM

So I have an idea which is funny but also kind of cool. We should call ourselves THE NIMROD'S. Look it up and it means skillful hunter. or THE GREAT NIMROD'S, THE ILLUSTRIOUS NIMROD'S, etc.

fshafly2 08-21-2009 12:08 PM

Ed - Have you pm'd turkish621?

-fsh

turkish621 08-21-2009 08:31 PM

I'm here!
Sorry for the delay. I had ordered a new computer online and it took forever getting to me.
About me, I am 28, married with a 3 month old son. I live in MN and unfortunatley hunt public land, but I do plan on hitting it early and often.

For the name, how about incorporating the Roman numeral for ten, X in it? Or is that too sutle to pick up on?

crenth 08-22-2009 04:22 AM

How about "The X Factor"

turkish621 08-22-2009 09:36 AM

How about, "X, it's a Roman thing"

fshafly2 08-23-2009 02:25 AM

How about "The X Hunters"
-fsh

hoosierhunter43 08-23-2009 05:13 AM

Hey guys I don't have much input as far as the name goes. I am really looking forward for the season to open here I can't wait to get after it and put one on the ground. The season starts Oct. 1st here when does the season open for everyone else? I am looking forward to getting to know everyone on the team a bit better.

William

fshafly2 08-23-2009 05:41 AM

Pick a name Ed and I'll go with it.

Some of my background: I am 59 (retired engineer, US Navy R&D) and have been bowhunting 45 yrs. I enjoy bowhunting, haven't gun-hunted deer for 35 yrs. I'll be able to start 8 Sept, a week ahead of the regular MD bowseason because the local Navy Base got an exception from MD DNR to extend their season. I also have a few farms to hunt where I'm the only bowhunter; a decent buck around here is in the 120 to 150 class.

-fsh

crenth 08-23-2009 06:10 AM

October 1st for me

HuntingEd 08-23-2009 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by fshafly2 (Post 3416684)
Pick a name Ed and I'll go with it.

Some of my background: I am 59 (retired engineer, US Navy R&D) and have been bowhunting 45 yrs. I enjoy bowhunting, haven't gun-hunted deer for 35 yrs. I'll be able to start 8 Sept, a week ahead of the regular MD bowseason because the local Navy Base got an exception from MD DNR to extend their season. I also have a few farms to hunt where I'm the only bowhunter; a decent buck around here is in the 120 to 150 class.

-fsh

fsh - If you need a bowhunting buddy on one those farms you hunt a lone let me know :wink: I'm only a little over an hr away! Or if you wanted to meet up to hunt the Navy base (if its open to public)....

As far as names, I kinda like the Nimrod idea...

HuntingEd 08-23-2009 03:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey all... sorry I haven't been around for a few days, was down on the water crabbing fri & sat, and there's no internet there...

Here's the two deer i killed last year, the smaller one was from VA and the bigger from MD... They are both at my minimum size ~115", and this year I wont shoot one unless he's bigger... I'm gonna hold myself to a 125-130" min. Got plenty of does to work on for the freezer.

I'll be checking my trail cam one night this week, I'll be sure to post anything good!

turkish621 08-23-2009 07:28 PM

what is the Nimrod idea?

Hunting opens in MN on the 19th of Sept. This will be my first year bowhunting, but I have been rifle hunting for 16 years. Trying to get as much range time as I can.

hoosierhunter43 08-24-2009 02:28 AM

Hey guys the nimrod idea is fine with me.

Ed looks like you got a couple of nice ones last year. I am the same way as you I am looking for one that is 125" or bigger plenty of does to kill.

I don't know if I have any good pictures of the one I killed last year or not I will check and see and try to post a picture if I can rember how.

William

WV Hunter 08-24-2009 06:02 AM

I like either The Perfect 10 or The X Factor

I nominate Ed for captain too!

crenth 08-24-2009 02:08 PM

Here's mine from last year. My first bow buck and it was on public ground. Shot it with 45 minutes left in the SEASON.

HuntingEd 08-24-2009 05:49 PM

great buck crenth!

turkish621 08-24-2009 07:01 PM

what a beauty! maybe take some wet wipes with ya next time :)

HuntingEd 08-25-2009 04:32 AM

Ok, so I've narrowed it down to 3 names, lets all vote (vote totals there):

1. Team X Factor - 5
2. Ten Nimrods - 0
3. The Perfect Ten - 1

Also, I'll volunteer to be captain unless anyone else wants it, just let me know, I tend to have more luck when I'm not a captain :)

WV Hunter 08-25-2009 07:50 AM

My first choice is: The Perfect Ten

Nice Buck Crenth!

Dang nice....and he came with a platter of lung to boot. LOL, what did you use a missile? I'm sure the picture police jumped all over you about that one. Great deer, hopefully you can tag another one this year!

hoosierhunter43 08-25-2009 11:03 AM

I vote for Team X Factor.

Crenth that is a nice looking buck hope we all get one like that this year or bigger.

turkish621 08-25-2009 01:09 PM

team X factor