Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team X Factor Thread (10) >

Official Team X Factor Thread (10)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team X Factor Thread (10)

Old 09-19-2009, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fshafly2
I spent a lot of time hunting this guy last season (at least I think he is the "one"), and looking for his sheds last spring. Nice to know he still lives. Photo from last month.

-fsh

Ok, now I really can't wait to come down for a hunt!!!!!! That deer is awesome! Don't worry Andy, I'll let him walk for you

Made it out last night, saw about 10-12 does/fawns, no bucks. I'm going back out tonight, after getting less than 5 hrs of sleep/night all week I just couldn't bring myself to get outta bed this morn. BTW, the area I was in was covered w/ acorns, they were dropping all evening, and I basically had deer around me all hunt just going crazy on the acorns, but the wind was kinda swirly last night so 2 does got nervous and trotted off, I must stink in this warm weather.... I've had my camera in this spot for 3 weeks and no pics of the big guy there, so I'm gonna hunt on the opposite side of the farm tonight. Trying to decide on an acorn flat or a funnel that deer travel to the fields... But I'm leaning towards the nuts, I've got a stand hung there already and if I hunted the funnel I'd have to use my climber which means I'd be a sweaty pig by the time i was up (I'd just have to go real high to cover it)

Last edited by HuntingEd; 09-19-2009 at 07:23 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Typical Buck

fsh, good luck on getting that bruiser, wow he is nice.

Pat
Old 09-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

CRENTH

GOOD LUCK WITH THE WEDDING

I got married on the first day of archery season and i teased my wife that i was going to go hunting that day of the wedding, that didn't go over so well. i think she thinks that i did!!!!!!!!!!

Dont mention about the 13th Oct to her or about going hunting after you get back from your honeymoon. It didn't work for me!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

Nice Buck FSH, Good Luck with him
Old 09-21-2009, 02:27 AM
Fork Horn

fsh that is a great looking buck!! I hope that you get to put the hammer down on him this year. The place I hunt is a cattle pasture so no trail cam pics from me they would all be cattle. Good luck on putting that one down.

Ed I know what you mean about using a climber in this heat it doesn't take much and you are sweating really bad I have used nothing but a climber for years. Good luck when you get to get back in the woods.

William
Old 09-21-2009, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

hey all, never made it out on sat, w/ my work schedule i was just exhausted and my wife had something going on at her school she wanted me to goto, so i figured i bought my self some hunting time later in the season by doing the family activity...

earliest I'll get back out is maybe thurs eve, or friday morn. Will be out all day sat... I'll keep ya'll posted...
Old 09-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still waiting guys. Oct 3 in VA, and Oct 17 in WV (stupid dnr!)

I am planning on taking my son this weekend for the youth hunt on Sat. He'll be toting his .243... so we'll see! Good luck to you guys that are already out there!
Old 09-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Typical Buck

I just placed a stand up on a farm that i hunt today. As i was walking out i stopped at the property owners house. She showed me a picture of a real monster for NW PA.

alot of pressure in the Rifle season so this buck is about 135 - 140 inches. i can't wait to see this buck slinking by my stand!!!!

She also showed me a picture of another buck a basket rack 8 about 10 in spread. I may let PT shoot this buck he is coming down for the first day maybe the 2nd day!!!!!!!!!
He isn't aloud to shoot the big one!!!! Sorry PT
Old 09-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

I've got clearance on the 13th so I'll be in the woods that morning. Hopefully my dad has a nice one down by then. We are in a local archery contest that is based on weight. 2 guys can kill up to 4 deer and total weight wins 80% of the pot. 20% goes to biggest buck.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Spike

Went out Saturday and Sunday mornings, did not see a thing I would like to get out Sunday again but we will see how much homework I have (I can't wait until I am done with my masters...)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.