HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team X Factor Thread (10)
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 07:18 AM
HuntingEd
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fshafly2
I spent a lot of time hunting this guy last season (at least I think he is the "one"), and looking for his sheds last spring. Nice to know he still lives. Photo from last month.

-fsh

Ok, now I really can't wait to come down for a hunt!!!!!! That deer is awesome! Don't worry Andy, I'll let him walk for you

Made it out last night, saw about 10-12 does/fawns, no bucks. I'm going back out tonight, after getting less than 5 hrs of sleep/night all week I just couldn't bring myself to get outta bed this morn. BTW, the area I was in was covered w/ acorns, they were dropping all evening, and I basically had deer around me all hunt just going crazy on the acorns, but the wind was kinda swirly last night so 2 does got nervous and trotted off, I must stink in this warm weather.... I've had my camera in this spot for 3 weeks and no pics of the big guy there, so I'm gonna hunt on the opposite side of the farm tonight. Trying to decide on an acorn flat or a funnel that deer travel to the fields... But I'm leaning towards the nuts, I've got a stand hung there already and if I hunted the funnel I'd have to use my climber which means I'd be a sweaty pig by the time i was up (I'd just have to go real high to cover it)

Last edited by HuntingEd; 09-19-2009 at 07:23 AM.