Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24) >

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Old 09-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

good job ryan, i know asking permission can be a lil nerve wrecking. good luck!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks guys and i have some really good news also, I went and spotted the front fields that everyone spots and under one of the big huge electric power things idk they hold the wires up in the air and theyre green they supply whole citys and run wires from coast to coast.... idk, what they are called anyhow, underneath one of them there was a really solid buck probablly like a 100 incher or so. an 8 point and then i went on down the road and saw another buck who was in hard antler thats another 8 pointer about 100 inches or so. (Which for my area is a very solid buck.)

Ryan.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

here's a labeled picture of the property.

Ryan.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)-hunting-property.jpg  
Old 09-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster
Wow that's a heck of a deer! We need to get him on the ground for sure. What do you put in the hole for an attractant?

Ryan.
Its a blend of DiCalciumPhosphate, trace minerals and salt. This mineral lick is four years old and the hole they have eaten out is huge.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dabowhunter
Its a blend of DiCalciumPhosphate, trace minerals and salt. This mineral lick is four years old and the hole they have eaten out is huge.
ohh wow you got quite a few big ones hitting it by the looks of it.... so where did you hang my stand

Ryan.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you got permission to hunt that land Ryan. Hopefully you'll be sitting behind one of those bucks later on in the year.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I have a problem now, I scouted it today and had a never before encountered problem... I've never hunted bigger open timber before and its throwing me for a loop.... I think if I hunt the side of this ridge that I can look down into the bottom at an apple tree and out into a hidden field then I'll be able to cash in but other than that... I'm having serious trouble.

Ryan.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Fork Horn

PJ, I really hope you were joking about having your kids hold a newspaper to shoot through for papertuning. Really. nuff said.
Ryan, not sure how much free time you have before your Oct 3 opener. Sounds like you might already have a decent place selected. I've skipped through some of the messages. Are you placing treestands or using a climber? If you are using a climber, try to pick a few trees in that area so that you can play the wind. The only other option I can think of for you is to cross through the timber areas and hope to find some decent trails, then walk alongside the trail and hope to find a decent cross trail - and hopefully it would be near the edge of the timber to make it easier to access. Go get'em.
I managed to get a couple of treestands hung last Saturday. Just going from tracks in the area, but both locations look promising. One had both a rub and scrape. The rub wasn't massive, but still encouraging. I'll be ready and out there on September 15 - just 5 days away!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

There you go buddy. I found a rub yesterday aswell. And I'm going to probablly use both the climbers I have and the lock on's. And I might have found a jackpot. An apple tree that's in a field that's hidden from the road. Then on the backside of where I'd put my stand there's an oak grove.

I'm gonna hang my trail cam right under the apple tree.

Ryan.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, just a little warning that you may not here from me in a while. I'll be finishing up my last minute preparations this week, & next friday I leave for my elk hunt. I'll try and stop in before I go. BUt just in case I don't...good luck to all who's seasons may start before I get back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.