Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24) >

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Old 09-04-2009, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

see if maybe u can do some wok around the farm for hunting rights
Old 09-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not too talkative on the weekends are you guys?

Ryan.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

All you can do is ask. They'll either say yes or no.
Good luck
Old 09-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I shot a 30 target 3D course that I helped to setup this weekend. I volunteer at the local sportsmans association that's how that came about. We set it up so to test all the shots we shot the entire course some from the bowhunter stakes but most from the pro stakes. I need to work on judging distances really bad because that became extremely apparent as the day progressed. We had a range finder so I'd guess what I thought it was then range find it. I did pretty well all kill zones maybe 1 liver shot all day. What can I say, foam animals fear me. Hopefully I'll do as good in the woods this year.

I'm going this week to hang my trail camera. Its going to be on very public ground and I'm pretty nervous about it so it will only be out tuesday through thursday on a 3/4 moon that rises late. I'm also going to grow a set tomorrow and stop and ask for my permission.

Friday I went to my honey hole where we saw a 140 and a 120 class buck last year and I went to my stand and found a killer looking trail running 15 yards across the mountain and the standard trail running 35 yards away up and down the mountain. I forgot how well concealed that treestand was. I kept saying to my best friend tom. Someone stole it. Its not here. Turns out I was wrong (again). Problem is. I've spotted it 6 times now and haven't seen a single deer. I know there there but my feeling is that since they didn't mow the front field its affecting there patterns drastically.

Sorry for the lengthy post but a lot happened this weekend.

Ryan.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes sir, this one will do nicely. Looks like a double right main beam. Not sure why the dates are off, but pics are from this past week.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

nice buck good luck at gettin him!
Old 09-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow that's a heck of a deer! We need to get him on the ground for sure. What do you put in the hole for an attractant?

Ryan.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im leaving nowish to go ask that lady if I can hunt her property, I'll let you guys know how it goes when I get back.

Has anyone heard from Josh in a while we need to get the name changed in the front.

Ryan.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

woooooo hoooooo!!!!!! I got permission to hunt it... It was kinda weird cause I was so nervous I kept studdering and stumbling through what I was trying to say I rehearsed what I was going to say like 40,000 times and I didnt even come close to what I had planned to say. Wow. I'm pretty freaking stoked right now! I hope to be the only one who bowhunts it Ohh man am I ever pumped. now I have to play catchup on scouting it for the October 3rd opener.

Ryan.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

way to go on getting permission. I'd offer her some venison and do small jobs for her to help keep permission. I always go over and drive up and down my neighbors drive when it snows to make her a path to drive in and I also give her some venison, she's always appreciative. A little courtesy goes a long way. anyhow, I got my new arrow rest today, an octane hostage pro. I put it on, paper tuned, and sighted it in the evening. My boys weren't to excited about holding the newpaper so I could shoot through it, but it all worked good. I was shooting a trophy ridge drop zone. I rebuilt it a year and half ago and the stupid thing fell apart again, so I figured I'd try something new. So far so good. I also planted my last food plot tonite. can't wait till they get up good so i can put a camera on them!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.