Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24) >

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Old 09-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

good luck rybo
Old 09-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well it dosent have antlers but its a deer. My first deer of the season

Old 09-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job!! Any story on her?

I'll post the story from my trip later tonight. I'm too tired now.

Ryan.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

No story really. She came in with another big doe, they both came to a small watering hole. This one gave me a shot opp. at 20 yards and i smoked her. I shot her right in front of my trail camera so who knows, maybe i got the shot on camera

Looking foward to hearing your story from your trip.
Old 09-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

congrats!!! looks like u put a nice shot on her!
Old 09-20-2009, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys we still haven't heard from out alternate... I'm going to pm rob and see what he thinks we should do.

Ryan.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

Dliz checking in as new alt. I'm from northeast Pa. Have done a lot of scouting this year and have a few good bucks on my trail cameras. This is the nicest buck on my trail cameras this year. believe he is in the 140's. Have a couple of other bucks in the high teens.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)-deer2-11.jpg  

Last edited by dliz; 09-20-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

good to have you dliz, tell us more about yourself, and bow setup? and brother....are you ready to win this contest or what!!!! welcome aboard and good luck!
Old 09-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Fork Horn

Mike,

Good to hear from you. Last year I shot a great buck with the bow in Pa, he grossed 161 5/8. This year I've done a ton of scouting. One nice 11 and 10, couple of 8's and that real nice buck i have attached. Last year hunted with a mathews, this year I bought a Ross Cardiac. Not sure if I like it better than my Mathews. Can wait till archery starts. Seems like we have a bunch of good guys.

Dave
Old 09-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome aboard, Dave.

Here's the story of my Maryland trip.

The first night I went to where I shot my buck up on a oak flat on the side of a ridge figured it would be a good spot because I saw deer every time I sat there last year.

Well I didnt see anything there buy my friend went to the top and saw 9.

Then the second morning I went to the bottom about 150 yards from there, and Didn't see anything, my friend hunted the top again and saw 2.

The second evening I went and hunted the front and didn't see anything. Both of my partners saw 2 deer and one saw a bear.

The third morning I went and saw Nothing again In the same bottom as the night before I was hanging and hunting all the sets as I hunted them.

No one got any shooting nothing ever came inside 60 yards for any of them.

So it ended up as about a $250 camping trip.

I'm trying to go down again next saturday by myself, and hunt the morning sleep in the afternoon and hunt in the evening. I'll be trying to kill anything! Sad to say but brown is down because I'm not fond of tag soup. Now I'll eat tag soup if I dont see a good buck but if a doe walks up she's in trouble.

It was a fun trip but the one guy was a no show and we were kinda anticipating him being there because we needed some of his supplies. Next year I'm not relying on anyone PERIOD. We made the best of the situation and it all worked out pretty well. I enjoyed myself and got some good pictures in the one stand.

Now I'm focusing on trying to kill a PA buck. I cant wait till the season opener and I wish I had a few better bucks lined up but I'll make due with what I have been given. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys on all this and I did speak with rob about the alt situation and obviously he did take care of the issue.

Ryan.

P.S.
Dave we made the Avatar for the team I'm not sure what page its on but its somewhere around pages 5-9 And again its nice to meet you and glad to have you on the team. Looking forward to having another PA guy on our team! Lets get it done this year and all arrow Giants.

Ryan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.