Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Surpass Thread (37) >

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

Old 11-20-2009, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

Talking

Hogshunting

That looks much better buddy and like you said I believe your still missing one circumference measurement. You are entitled to 4 of those.
Rocky
Old 11-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, just thought I would check in. I spent half the day looking for elk..........Never saw an elk but I found some fairly good sign. Will give it a whirl tomorrow and see if I can find something.

Goodluck Rocky with your parties!
Old 11-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Typical Buck

Thumbs down

Blew it

I had the 4x4 140ish buck in at broadside waiting for me to take a picture and as I drew my arrow fell off the rest and to the ground. Man what can I say, I guess I didn't make sure it wasn't tighly nocked when I placed it on in the dark. I only saw one buck this morning as we were getting our 1st snowfall till 10am. Got tomorrow afternoon to hunt as the original plans weren't as bad as I thought. Be back at er tomorrow guys! Sorry
Rocky
Old 11-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Holy smokes, the HNI site goes down for several days and I tried in vain to get back on. When I do, I'm greeted by three new pages all these new bucks! You guys ROCK! Ram, you had me a "redeem". Sheez Louise, I would have let that little one go...NOT! Do you have a score for him? How rude of me brother....

CONGRATS-WHAT A TOAD!

Hog, how cool is that? I am excited for you! Congrats!

PJ, he was sent to you for a reason...you took care of busy, period. I'm proud of him! Way to go teamie!

Kill, top shelf my friend, top shelf! Congrats!

Rockster....keep yours is coming. I have a race you and I can conduct. I want you to try to hit a moose with a rock while I try to hit a whitetail in Colorado with an arrow (the deer density is .07 bucks per sq. mile here. yep, that's seven hundredths of a deer per square mile). Ten bucks says you'll win.

>>>---------------> Let's stay after it!

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 11-22-2009 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rocky - Sorry to hear of your badluck, one of these days I predict I will get on here and see you posing with a bruiser!

Huck - Thank ya! He grossed 183" I finally got my first booner and it was with a bow! Life is goooD!

My elk hunt went fairly well today. I saw close to 50 elk. Out of the 50, 8 were bulls. I saw a slammer of a 6x6 so I put a big stalk on him this morning. I got to 46 yards of him and 5 other bulls. I just got a clear opening to slip the arrow thru (he was bedded right above me) and I got busted as I started to pull my bow back by a raghorn 5x5 that came out of no-where.

Hopefully, tomorrw brings more elk and opportunities!
Old 11-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get him Ram!
Old 11-22-2009, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Hog, on your circumference measurements. Go back and examine your very first photo with the deer. Use that photo as a reference. Take a measurement , around the antler, right below your left hand, then one right above your left hand. Then, measure around each fork at the mid point. Do the same thing for the other side...

Your should have a total of eight circumference measurements

Make sure you enter your deer....You too Brett!

Brent, How are you doing? Miles? Shawnee?
Old 11-23-2009, 04:13 AM
Typical Buck

Talking

Last Day Out Till Friday

Well I'll need some luck today, going into my honey hole for the 1st time since the start of the season and the winds are right. Now I just need for one of the 3 big bucks to choose the same route. To you who are hunting today,be safe and God Bless,6:11 should be ready to shoot by 7am.
Rocky
Old 11-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Got One

Nothing to write home about but he is my 1st ever Muley,he's a 5x4 and where he came from I haven't got a clue,cause there isin't any mulye's for 3 miles of this property. He blew me away when he was pushing 3 whitetail does,I had to look 3 times to make sure of what I was seeing. Almost blew it too ,cause he just stepped out of my window as I released my Montec on it's way. I thought oh no to far back. Just about a foot ahead of his back leg and 1/4ing away.
Complete pass through and he dropped with in view of me at 40 yards. As I was waiting my full hour I had 4 more whitetails with in 40 yards of me and they were rutting and with there noses to the ground. The one 2x2 almost walked over the fallen muley and decided he was to big and walked away. The the other was a great 5x5 ,150ish and he caught me turning around to look the other way. Deer are really moving now and I can't get back out till Friday and Saturday and Sunday to finish my season.
Question,I don't need to submit this buck unless I don't shoot a whitetail right ? He won't score at all,he's a small 5x4 but big body,he'll fill my son's deep freeze. Now I need to go and find a plug in for my phone so I can down load the picture's of him as my camera and it's batteries were dead when I went to go and use it. Let me know what the ruling is on the deer please,Thanks
Rocky
Old 11-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Wow...way to go guys. Those are some great deer. Sorry to say I dont have anything to add just yet. After 8 days of 9.5 hours a day in the stand in IL, I got nothing. Temps were around 70-75 much of the time and absolutely killed every bit of the rut that was started. I'm pretty much out of the picture until after thanksgiving, but hopefully next week things will get back to normal. We normally see 15-25 deer at a time per greenfield, I saw 18 deer all week. I had a 120ish 8 pt come in to 36 yards and let him walk and I dont regret it. He just isn't what we're looking to shoot. I did squeek out a doe for the freezer. All in all, it was a pretty sorry week of hunting, but it sure beats work. I know the deer are there, just needs to cool down some to get 'em moving. Seems like they're almost totally nocturnal.
I still have a month and a half left, so I'm not too worried.
Ya'll have a happy Thanksgiving.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.