Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29) >

Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)

Old 09-16-2009, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Rob
Old 09-16-2009, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well fellas I wish I had better news. After getting up at 3 and getting to the spot extra early, quietly walking the opposite side of a hedge row and slipping into our stands and being set up at 5 am for a 6:20 sunrise we were sabotaged by some other hunters who decided it would be a good idea to head to their stands at 6 and use an ATV through an active field to get there. Oh and one guy was sitting IN the bedding area.

I saw nothing all day and was pretty frustrated since my opportunities to hunt down there are limited. My buddy missed a Poper just before dark. It came past and he misjudged the distance after struggling to get him stopped.

Oh well, that's hunting. Back to the drawing board.

Welcome to the team cjahlert.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Spike

Default alternate here

Hi guys

sorry I'm late. Great to finally be placed on a team. Season in AR doesn't open until the Oct 1. Bucks are still in velvet here, but haven't seen alot of wall hangers. Lots of does, so hopefully the boys will be close by.

This is only my second bow season, I got a late start last year, but I'm looking forward to this year. 3 stands plus a climber. small plots planted on 1 stand and an area for the climber.

My gear:
Hoyt Magnatec
Trophy Ridge Matrix
Anchor sight
Tru-fire release
Real tree A/P camo

Glad to be aboard and I'll try not to embarrass myself to bad.

Everyone have a safe season.

Chris
Old 09-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Hey cjahlert!

Like you, I'm in a holding pattern for Oct. 1.

Welcome, climb aboard and best of luck!

Randy
Old 09-16-2009, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the Team cjahlert! only 2 more weeks here also and i can finally get out hunting.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

welcome aboard cjahlert.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the team! If you need anything just let me know, as I can help you with pics and anything else pretty much.

I hunted this morning and could have taken a doe pretty easy but held off. I just enjoyed being out. Going back in a just a few minutes and then again tomorrow. If nothing comes close tonight I should be able to take my doe in the morning. Then monday starts a early muzzleloader season for a doe, and then its the wait till the second saturday in october.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

welcome cjahlert! I made some shooting lanes out at my spot last week and checked my camera. I had like 5 pictures of deer but nothing impressive. I hunt on the border of 4c and 5c in pa. So hopefully all the doe hunters push the buck onto to my side(4c). Won't be out until the 3rd. Good Luck to those hunting and to those that will be!
Old 09-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seen several deer over this past weekends early season but didnt release a arrow with the warm weather. Could have several times. Did see a couple small bucks but nothing to brag about. Early muzzleloader starts tomorrow and goes through saturday....again doe only but dont know how much I like the idea of a early muzzleloader season.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

Went and bought a hand full of tags over my lunch hour last Friday. Picked up an archery fall turkey because I've seen them from the deer stand every fall, but never had a tag. Figure what the heck, might as well give it a go. Picked up 6 deer tags, too, so that should be a start.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.