Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29) >

Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team BONE TOWN Thread (29)

Old 10-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

zmax, thanks for the info. It was definitely a loud crack. He had no idea I was there. He was just wired up looking for the buck that was grunting. I thought maybe I hit the shoulder but that was the shoulder I could see as he ran behind me and there was nothing in it. I've searched for the arrow 4 times now. I'm in a pine thicket and there are a lot of down trees and I even looked around under those.

I've searched the pond and streams that lead to the pond. I've covered everything that I have access to.

I'm still wondering about my dropaway being in the up position. Not sure how much that would affect arrow flight. Maybe it was really off.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pops, sorry to hear about the bad luck, but it happens to the best of us. I had the same thing happen many years ago on 140 inch 8 point, searched for days and came up empty, man was i sick about that deer. IMO i think you either hit the shoulder blade or the bucks rack like Zmax said. Hopefully he's ok and you will see him again with any luck. Sounds like you put in quite the effort in order to find him, not much more you can do about it then shake it off ,and focus on you next hunt.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Again sorry to hear about the deer...it is so hard to formulate a plan when you dont know what happened. I feel so bad for you just because I know the feeling and know what your going through. All you can do is put your head down and push forward and keep hunting. I know shooting in the yard and going over your equipment and form helps me regain confidence before going out again. It's hard to do.

I should be out again Saturday....maybe Friday if it rains us out at work. Definetly be out Sunday as well.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

This has been a busy week with work, kids soccer, hockey and the weather got really warm. I plan on getting back out next week and hunting hard the last 3 weeks.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

By the way guys, we are in first place!! woohooo!!
Old 10-21-2009, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Pops423
By the way guys, we are in first place!! woohooo!!
Not anymore, were down by about 85", Aim small and shoot big guys, lol
Old 10-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by zmax hunter
Not anymore, were down by about 85", Aim small and shoot big guys, lol
OK, I guess that means I have to get back out there and get after that big buck. But I'm stuck at work...
Old 10-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got my desktop back today, so I can finally be on here daily. I am working tomorrow and should be off and in the woods Saturday and Sunday.

It warmed back up here, but a lot of rain ahead of us and some cooler temps.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ken/WV
I got my desktop back today, so I can finally be on here daily. I am working tomorrow and should be off and in the woods Saturday and Sunday.

It warmed back up here, but a lot of rain ahead of us and some cooler temps.
Good to hear captain, Good luck this weekend, ill be out also. We got some snow comming today and tommorrow here, there calling for 2-6 inches of wet heavy stuff not sure if im ready for winter quite yet, but it will make for some nice hunting. i love a little snow on the ground easier to see them and track them.

Last edited by finner; 10-23-2009 at 05:15 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck to all getting out this weekend. Let's put some more bone on the board.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.