team 11

Old 10-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default team 11

Team 11 in the waterfoul hunting contest

Hey i'm blake from southern wisconsin. hope to get a few geese and some ducks this year!
Old 10-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: team 11

Sorry I did not make you a team thread!!!!! oopps........ If you two decide on a name you or I can change it. Just let me know and I will add it to the score/team thread. If you do it while you only have two people it will be easier...
Old 10-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Fork Horn

Well Blake, it's just you and me for now. Any preference on a team name? I see you're from Wisconsin. How long does duck season last back there? We start on October 18th where I hunt, and don't come to the end until January 25th. You're stuck with me for a very long time, 100 days to be exact.

I just read some of the other guy's posts, so figured I should put a bit more on here. Blake, I hope you're going to be able to hunt long enough to get more than a few geese and ducks. I normally get out 20-25 days per season, at least. If we don't get flooded out (and that can happen where I hunt) I get out even more if it gets good from mid-December until the end of January. I've had many years when I've shot 30+ days. The most I ever shot was one year when I went 89 days, out of a 93 day season. I've been duck hunting for 40+ years, shot my first duck when I was 9, and I'll turn 50 right after our season ends this year. I shoot on a private club in California's Butte Sink. We(me and five other partners)own 265 acres of riparian marsh habitat, shooting a broad mix of birds, but heavy toward mallards, wood ducks, then green wings, gadwall, wigeon, along with good specklebelly shooting in most years. Family also owns 160 acres near where I live that we occasionally hunt honkers on, but not too often. We only go out there a few times per year, and that is shooting only honkers and mallards. When the season opens, we have excellent shooting for woodies, as our property is heavily treed, and wehatch about 250-300 ducklings most years. If I get my choice of blinds on the opener, it'll be 7 woodies for me.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Typical Buck

wow! thats great that you get out that much! here in wiconsin the opener was oct. 4th, i didn't get out duck or goose hunting though. i spent my weekend muskie fishing and did a little grouse hunting. this weekend ill be out looking to shoot a few geese.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck this weekend. What type of geese do you guys get? Snows, or dark geese? My Saturday will be spent working up at my club. Have to put the boat in the water and get decoys set out, have to finish dressing a blind or two. After that, Sunday will be spent hunting blacktail deer and then our season opens on the 18th.

Good luck and report back on your hoped for success.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

well it turned out last weekend i went muskie fishing instead, ended up getting two muskies!! also we get mostly canadian geese. hopefully ill get out soon and shoot some birds.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

elknuts, Blake pm'ed me and asked to be removed from the team do to needing a new gun, school, and just did not think he would make it out this season. We will see if we can round you up some more team mates or put you on another team....
Old 10-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Fork Horn

I'm fine with whatever you want to do. Either go ahead and put me on whichever team needs a guy, or if some other guys want to join then add them in with me. Blake PM'ed me that he was having some gun issues and such, so I told him I was fine with him either staying on, or dropping off, whatever worked best for him.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

CAelknuts, where about in Cali do you hunt? we dont find that many CA duck hunters on this forum
Old 10-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot in the Butte Sink. That is in northern CA, about 40 miles north of Sacramento, just to the west of the Sutter Buttes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.