" />

Community

team 6

Old 03-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: team 6

Yip, after all, it is a "bowhunting" contest!I will be trying to get both of my with my bow this spring, as always. If I get short on time on my second trip to the farm, I MIGHT break out the Benelli, but I hope it doesn't come to that.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

So what dates you hunting? Mine is 4/28 to 5/4.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm planning a trip from 4-2 through 4-7 that will be during the archery only season in KS.
I'll take a second trip sometime in May, just not surewhen.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

4/19 i believe through mid-may. Ill be hunting weekends only probably.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last night, I talked to my buddythat I'll be hunting with back in KS., and he says that the turkeys in that areaare still in thier huge winter flocks. I hope they start dispersing soon. In just 10 days I'll be heading back to hunt.
Old 03-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tragedy diverted this morning. Close call on my target range. I am planning on using the Magnus bullheads this spring and I finally got some in the mail this morning. SO I knew because of the large cutting blades that I'd have to use longer arrows to keep the blades infront of and away from my bow riser, which means I will be using a totally different arrow in every aspect, heavier, longer, etc. SO I also knew that this all means that I will have to make some changes on my bow. Well, I was having a heck of a time getting any group at all, at 15 yards none the less. I kept making small adjustments on my bow trying to get them to settle into a consistant group/pattern, and wasn't making much progress. Well, after about 15 shots, the wind started to pick up a little and I was having to wait between little wind gusts, and it was getting worse, but I was hoping to get'er tuned this morning. WELL, I was once agian waiting for the wind to die down, and I happen to look at my bow cable and noticed that it was nearly broken on one sideat the split yoke part. It was so close to completely breaking that my upper limb/wheel was slanted at a visible angle. About one more shot and I think I would've had an ugly situation for sure. SO, a few phone calls later, I found a "local" shop that had one of the right length, and 90 miles later, I've got'er back together, BUT of course now the wind is really blowing, so no more practice until it dies back down.
One thing I will say about these bullheads, is that they were sharp right out of the box, and tough as nails. I used guillitines the last two years, and you could get about 1 practice shot with them and you'd have to replace blades. Not with these bullheads. They're tearing my layered foam target to bits, but even after going all the way through the target and hitting my hay bales, and once actually hitting dirt before the target,zero bent blades.
Oh and I'm not sure if I accidently touched the cable with a broadhead at some point, or what. Just not sure when or why the cable frayed. Just darn glad I noticed it before I shot any more. I guess the wind is good for something.[&:]It kept me from shooting a dangerous bow!!
Old 03-25-2008, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Howler, Wow was that lucky!!!! Hopefully that luck will carry into Turkey season for ya this year.Give us a update on your grouping.I was going to try them but I think Im going to go with a 75gr Rocket expandable and go for the body shot.I did get a couple birds useing 100gr Muzzy's.One of them I had to look hard for so thats why Im going to go with the expandables.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I finally gave up on getting them to fly consistant with just my little blazers. No matter what I did, I just couldn't get the tiny vanes to have enough control on those 3" blades. SO, I ended up going with 5" feathers and finally got to shoot this morning, been too windy for days. And with these feathers on the back of the arrows, no problems getting consistant flight now. We'll be heading out in just 4 more days to try our luck on some early season birds in KS.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks! I'm leaving from work early to head back this afternoon. The weather for tomorrow doesn't look good, but by the weekend it looks O.K. I'll be back Monday night, no computerback on the farm.[]

Quick Reply: team 6

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.