Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Turkey Bowhunting Contest
 Team 1-Team Whammy "Hammering Back" Official Thread >

Team 1-Team Whammy "Hammering Back" Official Thread

Community

Team 1-Team Whammy "Hammering Back" Official Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 1, Right Here!!

Will, I ended up working that Sunday and was unable to get out. I've just returned from a "quickie" in S. Dakota (left Saturday at 4am, drove seven hours, hunted that night and the following morning until noon, and then drive the seven hours back home). I blew a shot on a nice 8.5" merriams. I called two gobblers within 10 yards. I was in a natural depression expecting them to come in from below me (I was on the side of one of the Black Hills). They came in even with me. They too were in a natural depression. Their heads looked like little periscopes peering in from ten yards. I frooze! They were fanning and drumming! They eventually started moving above me. The first to pass was a a small 6" tom. His buddy was bigger so I opted for him. I had to re-position my feet for the shot and in doing so tipped the first tom of mylocation. He start to alarm putt and I quickly drew my bow. The second tom started moving away. I guess the range at 20 yards. I shot. The arrow was flying true but hit the gobbler low on the chest (it essentially cut nothing but feathers). He leaped and trotted off. I tried a second shot at 45 yards. The bugger duck that arrow!

I have daddy duty this coming weekend. so, in Two weeks, I'll be back to S.D.

Here are a few photos:

Is it a duck or a turkey?

Old 04-21-2008, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

young gun....

Old 04-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Think there's any snow in the Black Hills?

Old 04-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love it when you can see white-tailed deeramongst Mulies!

Old 04-21-2008, 09:36 PM

Very nice pics...and sounds like a good hunt. Our team just seems to have that luck[&:]
Old 04-26-2008, 08:57 PM

Where is everyoneat????

I went out today and only had hens come check out my decoys...I dont know where to boys were
Old 04-30-2008, 06:59 AM

Well sorry for not posting in a while but i havent got a turkey yet cuz they either keep hanging up or fly the opposite way and go to other property that i cant hunt. oh well ill get one tommoro.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey boys! Since first day the toms sure are locked down with the hens...Went out last Sunday and setup the blind in a field that the farmer says they show up every morning. Had one huge tom come in around 8:30 and got hung up at 40 yds. I didn't feel comfortable in taking the shot so I let him pass. My dad got good footage of him coming in all puffed up and spittin and drummin. Went out this morning to our property and once the birds hit the ground it was hard to get a peep out of them. Seen some in the distance but none close enough. I'll be back out this Sat. morning and the following Monday.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:46 PM

Good luck this weekend guys! Ill be heading out, too.

Our season ends on Tuesday so ill be hunting as much as I can in the next 5 days.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, that dows it for me this year. It is the last day, and there is no way I am gonna make it out. It has been fun guys I just screwed up when I missed that bird, but there is always next year. Good luck, I will keep checking in you guys.
Thanks a bunch,
Brent

Quick Reply: Team 1-Team Whammy "Hammering Back" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.